Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

just a quick question about a skin problem on my girlfriends back. she was sun burnt pretty badly a few years ago and since then (after skin peeled) has had bumpy skin and the area is slightly darker than the rest of her back. she's tried exfoliating but it doesnt seem to help.

Does anyone have any idea of the cause or how to treat the area?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
hi guys,

just a quick question about a skin problem on my girlfriends back. she was sun burnt pretty badly a few years ago and since then (after skin peeled) has had bumpy skin and the area is slightly darker than the rest of her back. she's tried exfoliating but it doesnt seem to help.

Does anyone have any idea of the cause or how to treat the area?

Hi Tom,

Try a skin lightening cream which contains natural lighteners like licorice extract, kojic acid, arbutin and mullberry. It will help fade the affected area and lessen the darkening.

You can also check the skin lightening forum for more info.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks pumi, i'll try that.

do you have any idea on how i can treat the bumpiness? have tried exfoliating but it doesnt help.

·
Registered
679 Posts
has she seen a doctor about it? it maybe scarring. first i would see a doctor and then i would use aha cream on the area. it might take a while if the scarring is deep. also keep moisturized.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I would have her see a derm, tom. It sounds like chronic inflammation and thickening. Lay off the exfoliation and let it alone for a while - no sense making it even more inflamed.

I believe LightennLift has had something like that and could tell you what worked for him.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it almost feels like small pimples (but they dont look like it). ok, i will tell her to stop the exfoliation and see if we can get her to a derm.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not sure if its a bit basic, but have you tried Bio-oil if it is scars? it seems to work on my appendix scar to reduce it. Its not gone, but did fade the red-ness and brought down some of the horrible stitch marks the op had left me with!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts