Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people.

My partner has been chatting about the Olay Regenerist range lately.. meaning that she's dropping hints what she would like for her birthday.

As she is only 27 years old (well nearly) I didn't really think she would need anti-wrinkle creams.. or does she?

Are there certain creams and serums that start working to help the prevention of future wrinkle build-up?

I know that she has normal to dry skin and she uses night creams but not exactly sure which of the regenerist products to buy her and I'd like to surprise her (just by the fact that I knew what she wanted)

All help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi clueless, I take it your partner is determined to try the olay regenerists line am I right?Her mind is set, that is the one she wants! If that is the case, she will need a facial cleaner, toner(if her skin is oily, day moisturizer as well as a night time one. She is 26-27, it's time she starts taking care of her facial skin to prevent damage I agree with her.(she is a smart little cookie you got there!) However there are many different products lines that would benefit her more: clinique, Lise Watier is good and not too expensive (I use a lot of her line) Lancome, Vichy... I think the best thing you could do is: Give her a gift certificate for the local beauty counter, let them explain the products they have to her. Then after she talks with them she can decide what would be the best choice for her. Olay is good, but not necessarily good for everybody, where some other products may go the extra mile. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Olay is the most bang for your buck all-around in my opinion. Which products to get her would depend on how much you want to spend. You should start off with the necessities: the serum, the night cream and day cream. The serums and moisturizers will give her more results since they're packed with the good stuff and actually stay on the skin. You can also get her a cream cleanser and a toner if available within the line. Maybe get her a nice bottle of champagne too and some bubble bath treats so she can pamper herself for an evening (and maybe she'll include you!).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mony and Vananners

Yeah she has her mind set on the regenerist range and she has the bee in the bonnet.
I would give her a gift voucher but I can't think of anywhere in the UK where they would do this, money isn't an object really, just want to buy her something that is a quality product and does what it says on the tin (or bottle).

I was thinking of giving her the basics Vananners and you helped out there by listing them, thank you.
These are just little gifts to make up for what I have already got her, if she doesn't include me then I may use the olay on myself lol.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Do you know what her skin type is, so then you can base the purchases around that. This way you know not to get her products for oily skin, if she has dry skin...that would dry out her skin even more.... And what ever you do get her a good sunblock, it doesn't have to be the most expenssive one either; just a good one from a reputable brand; myself I use vichy spf 60, cause there is nothing like the sun's rays to make you age fast. Good luck, bet you she'll love her gifts!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts