Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there,

you may hate me for asking this, but what does C serum do?

also, what is a good eye cream for guys?...i think i'm going to go with the body shop stuff (just because they have a section specifically for men
)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
That is great but nivea, loreal and a couple other companies have creams and such designed for men now. I do like the stuff from the body shop as well, however not sure that a man needs a different under eye moisturizer compared to a woman.

As for the Vicatine C question- it's supposed to help with collagen, as we age the collagen gets reduced.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Vitamin C for wrinkles and skin aging

Vitamin C + E + ferulic acid: enhancing stability and effectiveness of topical ascorbic acid

Vitamin C is naturally found in skin and gets depleted in daylight. If you don´t use topical C you will have less than optimal amounts in your skin. Oral supplementation can only increase skins C to a certain limit. Topical C can increase the amount 20-fold. Vitamin C has been chosen by evolution as the main protector of the watery portions of your body. It's the only antioxidant that directly can stimulate fibroblasts to synthesize new collagen and it brightens skin by moderating epidermal melanin. Pairing it with vitamin E equals greater protection (SPF 4). Adding ferulic acid can double that to an SPF 8.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts