Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting a co2 fraxel laser. This is pretty new and promises to tighten skin and get rid of deep wrinkles. The downtime is extensive. Does anyone have any experience with this??

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Sorry--do not do it. It is, in my opinion, a waste of money. I put it on par with the now defunct Rhytec Portrait plasma technology.

CO2 (fractional as the Fraxel is) is a laser that via a longer pulse hits "every other" spot of skin in a line. It therefore leaves controlled burns in a matrix form that fill in quicker and do not have the down time of complete ablative laser. (CO2 complete ablative takes ALL the skin off down to the dermis, offers much deeper and the most profound correction available). The difference is huge though the actual mechanism is similar. For some reason leaving "some" skin in a matrix format does not enable the skin to remodel as dramatically. I do not recommend it. I would rather see a deep chemical peel or light ablative CO2 and SkinTyte treatment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have heard so many horror stories of people's faces/lives being destroyed by one laser treatment. Not worth the risk! The results aren't permanent anyway. I would look at less invasive alternatives. If you get chem peel, be careful, find the most reputable physician you can, do all the research you can prior to having it. I hear they can be brutal. Trust me, any imperfections you have now, you will want back if a treatment goes wrong and you end up with a bad outcome. Good luck

·
Registered
304 Posts
What percentage chemical peel would you recommend for a first timer? I was on another thread discussing this method vs dermabrasion. Will I have to take the next day off of work or how will it affect me? Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are you referring to a home chemical peel? They have a variety at makeupartistschoice.com. I have tried them and they were effective but I went for the lower % peels. I called the company and they said it's effective and safer to go with the lower % peels.

It made my skin peel and look a little weird for a few days but it wasn't that bad. I had no problems but do a little patch test first. Anyone could be allergic or have a bad reaction at any time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts