Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I diy a 10% tranexamic acid serum?

I was reading that 5% tranexamic acid is as effective as 4% hydroquinone, but I'm dealing with a lot of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation on my face and body, and I want to remove it. I wanted something that I could use continuously, rather than having to stop every 3 months (as in the case of hydroquinone).

I love Kikumasumune's high moist toner, and I read tranexamic acid is water soluble. Do you think I could mix it in a separate bottle, or would the mixture go bad?

Also, I have read tranexamic acid can cause irritation at higher amounts, but not as much as hydroquinone. Has anyone used tranexamic acid? Has anyone experienced irritation?

Lastly, what PH does tranexamic acid work best at? Also, is tranexamic acid light sensitive?

I was thinking about combining alpha arbutin powder and kojic acid dipalmitate (10% each). I don't know if that's possible, but I'd love to hear your input. I'm looking to combat PIH aggressively, since I've been using products but results are taking too long....

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tranexamic is water soluble but you need a lot of water to dissolve it and vigorous shaking/staring

my mixologist made a cream with 20% alpha Arbutin and 20% tranexamic acid I didn’t experience any side effects just very natural even skin whitening. The results did not happen over night tho it took a few weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tranexamic is water soluble but you need a lot of water to dissolve it and vigorous shaking/staring

my mixologist made a cream with 20% alpha Arbutin and 20% tranexamic acid I didn’t experience any side effects just very natural even skin whitening. The results did not happen over night tho it took a few weeks.
Thank you so much, DFlawless. I might try that. Do you recommend anywhere to purchase said powders? I have ordered them from ebay in the past, but I want to ensure I'm purchasing authentic products. I have alpha-arbutin from China, but it has a slight metallic scent which made me concerned about potential mercury exposure.

I hope that kikumasumune has a proper PH for both powders. If not, I could always just mix it in witch hazel or something light.

Lastly, may I ask, does your mixologist sell online? Only if you are comfortable with sharing!

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is where I purchase
Thank you so much, DFlawless. I might try that. Do you recommend anywhere to purchase said powders? I have ordered them from ebay in the past, but I want to ensure I'm purchasing authentic products. I have alpha-arbutin from China, but it has a slight metallic scent which made me concerned about potential mercury exposure.

I hope that kikumasumune has a proper PH for both powders. If not, I could always just mix it in witch hazel or something light.

Lastly, may I ask, does your mixologist sell online? Only if you are comfortable with sharing!
I got my Tranexamic powder from Etsy and my alpha Arbutin powder from makingcosmetics. Both powders are odorless so you may have some bad powder on your hands dear. DIY is not easy, it’s a lot of trial and error which can be costly especially when dealing with premium ingredients which is why I’m grateful I met someone who makes it for me lol
My mixologist email is [email protected] her name is Chris she fluent in English and French she’s a doll, tell her your concerns and what you want and she will make it for you. Keep in mind , she uses premium ingredients and her price reflects that. She’s worth every dime

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is where I purchase

I got my Tranexamic powder from Etsy and my alpha Arbutin powder from makingcosmetics. Both powders are odorless so you may have some bad powder on your hands dear. DIY is not easy, it’s a lot of trial and error which can be costly especially when dealing with premium ingredients which is why I’m grateful I met someone who makes it for me lol
My mixologist email is [email protected] her name is Chris she fluent in English and French she’s a doll, tell her your concerns and what you want and she will make it for you. Keep in mind , she uses premium ingredients and her price reflects that. She’s worth every dime
Thank you so much for all of your help! I will be sure to save up and contact her :) Your mixologist truly sounds like awesome, and I can't wait to meet her!

DIY is not easy at all! I've had my fair share of trials and errors, and purchasing supplies (as well as premium products like you said!) Adds up.

The only thing I can say I've successfully made was salicylic acid 20% mix and kojic acid serum. But salicylic acid took a TON of propylene glycol to dissolve, and the kojic acid serum took several trials and errors (as well as expired quickly!)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you so much for all of your help! I will be sure to save up and contact her :) Your mixologist truly sounds like awesome, and I can't wait to meet her!

DIY is not easy at all! I've had my fair share of trials and errors, and purchasing supplies (as well as premium products like you said!) Adds up.

The only thing I can say I've successfully made was salicylic acid 20% mix and kojic acid serum. But salicylic acid took a TON of propylene glycol to dissolve, and the kojic acid serum took several trials and errors (as well as expired quickly!)
you’re welcome dear, what I love about her most is that she gives you 30-32ounces of cream. She’s proof that companies like tonique are getting over on consumers lol their prices will literally make you want to slap them.

DIY is truly a beast, I give my respect to all those who have mastered it lol I don’t have the patience, time, or funds for it anymore lol you wait for ever to get the materials delivered and then it’s destroyed within a matter of minutes because of a step you missed or didn’t execute well.

congrats on being able to do those successfully, I hate how Kojic acid is the cheapest and somewhat easiest to work with but only lasts for a few days haha What were the results like with salicylic acid?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts