Skin Care Talk banner

can i do anything about a drooping eyelid?/ update of first time serum user

12K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  dorkalicious 
#1 ·
hello

kk first- here are three pictures. this first one was taken 2 week ago. the second & third taken moments ago. that second pic is so dark but take notice to it while reading the second story kk? they will all tie in together :p

first topic: serum use
*Sense i came to this site about a week ago, i stopped using scrubs, stopped washing my face 3-6 times a day(>.<), started using microfiber clothes, and working hard on not resting my face on my hands while i sleep. Using bha/aha cream/moisturizer at day and only using my night serum at night. Using fruit enzymes as a face mask every 3 day or so. MY GOD HAS MY SKIN IMPROVED and MY ACNE IS CLEARING UP!! i am gleeeeeeeeeefull =) THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL TIPS =)

*Iv ben using neutrogena complexion correction night serum. the first use my face was left glowing in the morning =) here it is four days later(2&3pic) the first pic is 2 weeks ago, the pic is dark so u cant see the redness in my face but its deff there. although its only been four days with the serum but my skin is only improving and thats great. looking in the mirror today i had the most pleasant smile! i noticed my pores looked alot more liter and cleaner and alot less visible.. like this is a miracle
and its only starting weeei
-

okay i have a situation: eyelid

i was in a car accident when i was tiny i had a hole about the size of a quarter entering my forehead, can you believe my 47 stitch scare is almost INVISIBLE!!( thanks to pure cocoa butter i have pics if someone wants to see how great cocoa works for scar's also see pic two youll see the scare). my right eye brow muscle seems to be very weak, it doesnt really rise when im in natural mode. and the eye, the eyebrow just kinda of droops, almost looks like its sliding off my face. i really think this is the muscle because look at the skin on my eye lid like it just lays there limp..
same with my eyebrow. over the past 4 years its gotten worse i always wear a sort of "monotone face" like in the second picture..not rly using my face muscles, you know? people ask why im angry or why i look pissed. what can i do to help this look
creams/serums/excersizes. ?

i tried using that asian eye tape for eyelids, it works nicely but im looking for a permanent solution or a solution that i can progress in time

sry its a essay

See less See more
#2 ·
lydia, you look great and your eyes are beautiful. I would say keep going with what you are doing now in your regimen, wash ur face twice a day only, not more or less than that. Use the microfiber cloth gentle and dont use it around the eyelids. Remember, to wear SUNBLOCK during the day as it helps with the redness that you speak of by blocking out the sun's harmful rays. There is a member here named MrSmoove, or something like that, he will definitely be able to help you with a face/eye exercise that when done can visibly reduce ur eyelid problem, contact him via a PM.

#3 ·
I have read on other forums that skin needling has improved sagging eyelids. I have done this to myself, but have not done it on a regimen frequently enough to expect any results. There are inexpensive rollers you can purchase off ebay, for example, that contain tiny needles. It doesn't feel great, but it damages the skin in tiny ways so collagen is produced to begin tightening and repairing. That's the theory anyway. It is something you might want to try, but I agree with the other posters that your eyes are beautiful.

#4 ·
I honestly can't really see any sagging of the eyelid but I know we are all our own worse critics. I'm not sure about the needling as I haven't studied it but I've heard good things about facial exercises. Botox would also be an option as some celebrities do get this around the eye area to creat a lifted/rested look.

#6 ·
its a thin sticky strip you put it in your natural crease.(there are ones pre-made you can buy from Asian stores or you can customize your own with clear medical tape). IT IS SO FREAKIN AWESOME!! i cried the first time i used it because it was such a beautiful transformation
( im a little over reactive but its thats fun=D) you might not get how it works or you may have an idea but its wonderful and really works and because of the oils on your skin , that really helps the material bind to your crease/lid and its just amazing because a big worry with this is that the eyelid tape will fall off. you can test it out with some simple clear tape. cut out a crescent-like shape, the shape of your crease and put it directly on your crease. YOU WILL BE AMAZEEEED! =) please do it if you feel your eyelids just need....something.. i know im not Asian!! i have beauty of the Nordic along with the fuzz ~.~ but people with droopy eyelids can relate to slanted eyes.

but i want a permanent solution :/

#8 ·
yeah double eyelid!
but on me it makes my eye lid appear bigger because there is alot of skin coming down on my eyelid which creates the sag im talking about that comes from the muscle being weak therefore making my entire eye droop.

naturaly i have double eyelids too but because one droops i rather be asian... in the past months iv have had strong attractions to Asian females features

#10 ·
well you must not be looking close enough. look on the left eye at the pictures, right above my eyelash, my eyelid lays on it, it sags onto my eyelash. look at the right eye the eyelid lays on top of the eyelid, not extending to my eyelash. idk.. is it rly not that noticable? its THE biggest thing i notice on me besides my forehead thats pretty large too ahaha

#12 ·
hi belle

i make the fruit enzyme mask at home with fresh pineapple, kiwi, lemon juice and strawberry. takes about 15 min to make, 10 min of wearing it(couldn't think of a better word..lol)

*need a little bowl, fork, pairing knife, cutting board, 3 pineapple cubes, half kiwi, 5 strawberry, tsp fresh lemon juice................ give or take the amount of fruit
*cut the kiwi in half, squeeze the outer shell of the kiwi into the bowl to remove the meat, remove the core with your fingers, its white and looks "stalk-ish", shell and core do not belong in the bowl, do what you want with them
*cut 3 pineapple cubes into stringy slithers, if you have left over pineapple it wouldn't hurt to squeeze the juices into the mix , place in bowl with kiwi
*next i cut a lemon in half and squeezed about a teaspoon of lemon juice into the mixture *mix it uuup with fork*
* now what you want to do with the strawberries is, take two large spoons that are about the same size, one with holes and one that is solid, place a strawberry between the two spooning spoons :p and squeeze over the bowl, it works as a juicer. if you dont have spoons like this then im sure you can come up with another way to get your strawberry juice :p
* i mix my mask vigorously for about 2-10 min, it will get frothy .you want the mask to be pretty liquidy but still have debris of fruit in it

*apply to a freshly cleaned face
will you be relaxing or running around?
*if you going to be running around i sugest you only apply the juices to your face so the fruit wont be falling everywhere
*relaxing? you could make the mask more rich and thick by pileing the juices and fruit on top of your face and lay down, add some honey to thicken it up.

*its really juicy! let it absorb into your face and dry, will feel slimy when you rinse it off but leave your face soo nice =)

* leave the mask on for about 8-10 min
* rise off with warm water and cloth
* omg glow

#15 ·
Hai. Out of curiousity. Will your face react immediately slightly itch when pineapple juice is added ? I have such reaction and wonder whether it is normal and should ignore it?

#18 ·
thanks fawnie

your so right! iv been trying ways to work around the droopy eyelid with make up.. coming up with a few decent things..

paris hilton also has droopy eyelids and barbra streisand too!

just hope it doesn't get terribly worse as i get older :S:S:S:S

#19 ·
I too have droopy eyes. I have started using acupuncture massaging machine ( marketed by Melinea ) to massage my overall face twice a week for about 1 month and notice that less droopy and double eye lids formation ! Less visible fine line wrinkles and more firmer skin ( previously loose skin ). However, I am not sure whether this machine is available abroad. I am pleased with the result.

#21 ·
Hey!

I know this post is kind of old but here goes.

I have the same amount of faint eyelid drop in one eye than you lydia. But i had MUCH worse eyes.. I had a slight ptosis (drooping my left eyelid) and I got it surgically lifted (in france for free because I was covered by 'Securite Social')

Now my eyes are both pretty
. However the left eye is a bit higher now than the right, but i don't mind because it's prettier than the right one..and the right one was already pretty. It's the same for you.. you have 2 beautiful eyes. The higher one is a tad prettier becasue it's wider but the other one is still nice too.

My point is that you might be able to get it surgically enhanced for i'm guessing under £2000 (but that is a COMPLETE guess). Also i don't know if they will do it for such a faint amount. I sometimes think of getting mine done again (the right) but that's just me striving for perfection.

Also like i said keep in mind that your lower eyelid may become higher than the other eyelid more or less to the extent of the surgeon's precision.

When I went to the consultation for my ptosis the surgeon did a 'drop test'. He put 2-3 drops of this liquid and took a before and after photo of my eyes to see if the liquid had produced any slight lifting (a liquid working temporarily ofcourse). It did and that's how he knew he could operate (something to do with a muscle or tissue not developed properly i tihnk.

But in our case NOW.. where there might not be a physical problem, there may be nothing a surgeon can do.

I'm going to try the derma needling for it now.. i'll let you know how it goes in a few months if this post is still active.

#25 ·
I second Botox. If you have a doctor who knows how and where to inject properly, you can get an instant brow lift. Magic, that stuff.

#27 ·
Lydia, did you sustain any nerve damage from your accident? do your eyebrows do everything symmetrically? what about your eyes lids? Any decreased sensation after the accident?

Sorry for the intrusive questions, just might shed a little light on the root cause of the droop.

(when I read the OP, I was like ' Crap! Did I post to Lydia about this and can't remember? She keeps referring to me!'. doh!)

KK

#28 ·
hiya im not sure if there was any never damage, never got tested for anya that . yeah they seem to be symmetrical although my right brow lifts when i smile but i think its just cuz the way i smile?? the dropping lids eyebrow is deff had been weaker then the one thats not.. i started doing excersies on the dropping eyebrow and that has helped
and its stronger too :p
whats the op o.0

thats nice about the botox but thats outa the question. pretty sweet that theres a product like that

ha seni yeah i know what u mean with having one eye bigger and one smaller in the pic.. i like to think i look like a mythical creature hhah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.