Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i have came across this site by accident last week reading all your amazing posts, in particular Ondine and LightenNlift and can i just say, you guys are double coated AWESOME
..anyways am Ethiopian girl with dark complextion and wants to lighten my skin but more importantly get rid of my acne which leaves ugly dark scars on my face especially around my chin and forehead!!!!! i have just ordered HQ 4% and RA (both 0.5 and 1 %) and KA soap as well as lactic acid 40 %, i was wondering if it is save to use lactic acid and HQ/RA at the same time??? as i am new to this i honestly do not have much knowledge about these products, so can the experts
please give me some advice!!! thanks guys

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
zana, you can use lactic acid in concentrations of 10 to 15% along with HQ/RA because when used at those concentrations with HQ/RA the Lactic Acid acts a a moisturizer/lightner and gives you beautiful results with consistent use but anything above 15% - I dont recommend you use together at the same time because Lactic Acid higher than 15% will not moisturize but exfoliate/interfere with the absoption of HQ/RA on your skin and you dont want that. You want the HQ/RA to work at its optimum level. So I suggest if you already purchased the Lactic acid 40% then use it in the morning along with HQ 4%, if its too dry for you use it every other or every three days. At night use HQ/RA combination alone. Also, the HQ 4% I use for my face already has Lactic Acid 10% so if you want to use that with ur Retin-A at night then you can order from skinelite.com - http://store.skinelite.com/glym-017.html

PS. Idk how well your skin can tolerate it but adding kojic acid soap, it really dries your skin out and sometimes burns so I recommend you use a moisturizer or skip it b/c dry skin doesnt give good results.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zana, you can use lactic acid in concentrations of 10 to 15% along with HQ/RA because when used at those concentrations with HQ/RA the Lactic Acid acts a a moisturizer/lightner and gives you beautiful results with consistent use but anything above 15% - I dont recommend you use together at the same time because Lactic Acid higher than 15% will not moisturize but exfoliate/interfere with the absoption of HQ/RA on your skin and you dont want that. You want the HQ/RA to work at its optimum level. So I suggest if you already purchased the Lactic acid 40% then use it in the morning along with HQ 4%, if its too dry for you use it every other or every three days. At night use HQ/RA combination alone. Also, the HQ 4% I use for my face already has Lactic Acid 10% so if you want to use that with ur Retin-A at night then you can order from skinelite.com

lightenNlift thanks a max mate....i have ordered my HQ 4% from ALL day chemist, but not sure if it contains 10% lactic acid like yours!!!...where can i get 15 % lactic acid? also i am a little hectic about using HQ/RA during the day time as i live in Australia, and boi it gets sizzling hot in here, i was wondering if i dont use it twice a day, would it show results? what about the Lika papya soap!, is that better then KA soap?? sorry for the 101 questions...

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
dont use Retin-A twice a day, its meant to be used at night only, we all do, using RA twice a day is overkill lol. But HQ 4% you can and should use twice a day, once at night with RA, and during the day with SUNBLOCK and the good sunblocks that actually protects are La Roche Posay Anthelios Series, Vichy, and Garnier Ambre Solaire spf 50+ (you can get this only on ebay since its european for 8 US dollars and has the proven effective Mexoryl SX XL).

Lactic Acid 10% http://www.amazon.com/B-Kamins-Lacti...340837&sr=8-33

The Likas papaya is milder and is softer on the skin which would make it better only because the kojic one is so irritating so yes. Also, a lot of the members love the clean feeling Likas gives after washing.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol @ overkill, you have save my skin right there!!!lol..but yeah am still not sure using HQ during the day time!!! i 'll try these sunblock...to be honest am little nervous about the redness that you guys were talking about!! is it that really noticeable?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
its not noticeable if you take a hot steamy shower in the morning, remove the flakes with the microfiber cloth or a wash cloth but microfiber is better btw, and then apply the Vitamin E oil or a really good moisturizer. Btw if you use the Kojic soap you will have a lot of redness b/c it stings. You wont have redness if you use the HQ/RA together properly: remember apply a PEA sized amount of RA and a nickel sized amount of HQ to the whole face.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not noticeable if you take a hot steamy shower in the morning, remove the flakes with the microfiber cloth or a wash cloth but microfiber is better btw, and then apply the Vitamin E oil or a really good moisturizer. Btw if you use the Kojic soap you will have a lot of redness b/c it stings. You wont have redness if you use the HQ/RA together properly: remember apply a PEA sized amount of RA and a nickel sized amount of HQ to the whole face.
lightenNlift, you are my hero
just two last question
, what good moisturizer would you recommand, i have oily/dry skin and can i get the microfiber cloth at my local store, target, kmart?

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
the quality microfiber cloth can be found here - the NCN microfiber cloth, the one me and a lot of other great people from the anti aging section use - Microfiber Cleansing Cloth*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger, it lasts three to 4 months.

Best Drugstore Moisturizer - Eucerin Original Lotion
Best Antioxidant Moisturizer - Skin Actives Scientific : Coffee Fruit Cream.
The other one that would benefit ur skin cells is http://www.skinactives.com/product/d...spx?prodID=168 either one is great.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
528 Posts
Lightennlift,
I got my lactic acid from Bulkactives and it's 88% but it is basically for use as an active in a formulation as there is no mention about a peel in the site nor did it come with instructions abt how to use it as a peel.

I have severe hyperpigmentation in my hands and want to try lactic 44% peel(50% dilution with water) with this but i'm slightly skeptical.
Currently I've made a 7% cream with it because I am already using

Green gram Bath powder
vitamin c serum- morning
niacinamide-glucosamine lotion-evening
hq- 5% /ra-1%-night
and dint want to overload the skin.

Any suggestions ?
Can I even use a 12% lactic lotion with this regimen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts