Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
34,428 Posts
I've been using Viterol A for Eyes and Mouth made by DS Laboratories.

dslaboratoriessale.com | Viterol.A - for Eyes and Corners of the Mouth from DS Laboratories

The ingredients and usage instructions are on that link. It smoothes out the fine lines and plumps up the deeper lines but at the same time decongests the puffiness, if that is making any sense. ? It has "nanosome activity" so it is supposed to get into the deeper layers of the skin. I couldn't prove it, but it does seem to absorb well and leaves the area smooth and glowing in the a.m.

I use it at night an hour after applying my Retin-A. It's a violet gel and all it takes is a pinhead size amount for both eyes and the upper lip. For $33USD it's a steal. I usually don't buy ready-made products, but this was rec to me by a DIY maven as a good buy!

· Banned
34,428 Posts
Wow lucky you Mireckca!!!
Yes, def get the Viterol A for Eyes. They changed the Face formula and it no longer contains ferulic. Bummer.

I don't see Avene on the list there, which would be my choice for a good sunscreen. Avene Emulsion SPF50+ may be locally available to you in Canada at a much cheaper price anyway. I agree LRP Anthelios XL is so sticky!
Mari likes Mexitan, but I don't see that either at Skinstore.

NIA24 would be good for a sunscreen, but it can't ship out of USA. Expensive too, so never mind. Olay Regenerist is just as good. It has niacinamide.

I really don't see anything else on that list that I myself would use, but you can always go with a LRP moisturizer I guess! Or lip balm. Depending on when the coupon expires, I'd probably hold onto it - you'll always find something you can't live without!!!!

I am so jealous!!!!! Go for it!!!!

· Banned
34,428 Posts
PS, Mireckca...the ingredients you want to look for in a sunscreen are

MEXORYL
or
TINOSORB

These ingredients stabilize the chemicals so that they don't break down. You could go for a strictly physical sunscreen like titanium dioxide or zinc oxide but they tend to be rather whitish and leave a strange cast on the skin....not very cosmetically elegant, esp if you are going to be applying makeup over it.

In addition to UVB protection (SPF), we have to consider UVA protection (PPD). PPD is a European rating system. I don't understand it, so I rely on others' advice that Avene Emulsion has a high SPF and PPD rating.

I believe Lancome uses Mexoryl, and Avene uses Tinosorb (in the orange tube version). So if you are looking for a sunscreen, these would be the things to look for, IMO.

This is about all I know about sunscreens. I can show you the science about Tinosorb, if you give me a little while to look it up. CIBA makes it, so prob the studies came from them...

HTH! And, you are an optimist looking forward to sunshine in Canada in March!!!

Avène Emulsion Ultra High Protection for Sensitive Skin
SPF 50+ (PPD-UVA 20) 50 ml.

NOTE: The photo is of the old formula. I only carry the NEW ultra-fluide formulas!

Now with ULTRA FLUIDE TEXTURE and PARABEN-FREE! (Note: New French regulations prohibits sunscreens from being labeled as more than SPF 50+. That actual tested SPF of this sunscreen is 60.)

This wonderfully elegant, light and photostable sunscreen is Avobenzone free, which makes it perfect for those with sensitive skin or for anyone who wears mineral makeup or any other foundation containing titanium or zinc oxide as active ingredients. (This is because minerals can deactivate Avobenzone.)

In addition to Tinosorb M + S. Tinosorb, Avene Emulsion also contains a new generation of "MPI-SORB" and Pre-Tocopheryl Anti-Free Radical protection. Moreover, Avene Emulsion is light and cosmetically elegant. It is non-greasy and absorbs rapidly, drying to a soft-matte finish. It fact, it feels like a regular moisturizer. It is non-comedongenic and recommended by the manufacturer as suitable for oily skin. All skin types will love its finish, though. (more)

NOTE: Avene guarantees that PPD protection is at LEAST equal to 1/3 of the SPF factor (i.e., SPF 60 would provide a PPD of 20)

50 ml $34.95
quantity\t:

(FROM SKINCARECENTRAL.BIZ

· Banned
34,428 Posts
At the risk of sounding like (a) broken record, (b) infomercial, I want to post about this product.

I'm loving it! It is an instant fix that lasts 12 hours or more, but I find that I wake up looking more refreshed and less puffy now.

· Banned
34,428 Posts
Hi Pumi,

Have you ever tried Easy Eye Solutions? They have a wonderful instant eye tuck serum and eye cream. The great thing about these products is what they do for your under eye area in the long term. The serum will instantly firm the under eye but over time it will reduce the fine lines and certainly the dark circles and puffiness. They are worth checking out. I would say that since using these products I look 5 years younger. I had heard about these from a friend of mine in California. She said that they were some sort of insider beauty secret in the film industry used by some of the big names in film. I don't normally fall for that kind of hype but my friend is one of the most level headed people I know. She said that she was using both products and could not believe how great the results were. Went on line and ordered and fell in love with the first applications.
I tried this but it didn't really help me at all. Maybe it would help someone suffering from puffiness or bagginess due to fluid. It didn't help with the darkness either. I know it gets rave reviews at EssentialDaySpa.com, but no product is a cure-all for everyone!

· Banned
34,428 Posts
I'm glad that you are getting such good results from it. For some it works.

No, my eyes are usually pretty smooth and flat in the area just beneath, but this didn't help with the occasionally puffiness. I cannot say that it did much of anything for me, in spite of using it various ways! I use Vanillyx for darkness and this works much better. As I say, it's not for everyone. Others have stated that it doesn't help them as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.