Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Nanotech is the science of dealing with extremely small molecules or particles. This new technology is being used in cosmetics, sunscreens, car paints, medicine, etc. Scientists are using very small particles in skincare products to facilitate their absorption into skins. But many chemicals are very dangerous and when absorb into skin can be toxic and cause problems healthwise!!
You can try googling, NY for more information.

· Registered
414 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a good eye cream or eye gel for a long time without success. The creams I have used before did nothing for me and I feel they just sit on my skin without any purpose at all!
In the morning when I wake up, I still have tired eyes and dark circles!!

Can somebody pls suggest which eye creams or gels they find effective at tackling tired looking eyes, puffiness , fine lines and if possible dark circles too or any one of these problems?

I would want to know of some effective DIY eye creams too if any.

Just wondering if it is a good idea to use facial oils as eye creams??

I would really appreciate your opinions and feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Pumi.
I dont think anything helps dark circles since its UNDER the skin and products are not penetrating into the living layers of the skin, at all. What about a nice, moist eye gel and a good, brightening concealer? If there was somethign that actually worked, I spend a fortune on it. So far, nothing.

· Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I dont think anything helps dark circles since its UNDER the skin and products are not penetrating into the living layers of the skin, at all. What about a nice, moist eye gel and a good, brightening concealer? If there was somethign that actually worked, I spend a fortune on it. So far, nothing.
Thanks for ur reply, Skincarediva. I guess ur rite. I will try using cucumber slices and used teabags to see if these will help with the dark circles.

· Banned
34,428 Posts
At the risk of sounding like (a) broken record, (b) infomercial, I want to post about this product.

I'm loving it! It is an instant fix that lasts 12 hours or more, but I find that I wake up looking more refreshed and less puffy now.

· Registered
3 Posts
To anyone looking for an eye cream that really works. Obage, night time eye cream. It is called ELASIDERM. I have tried everything...even the $300 ones. It cost around $100 for a 3- 4 month supply. Worth every penny. Trust me!

· Administrator
34,240 Posts
At the risk of sounding like (a) broken record, (b) infomercial, I want to post about this product.

I'm loving it! It is an instant fix that lasts 12 hours or more, but I find that I wake up looking more refreshed and less puffy now.
Oh don't worry fawnie, I LOVE broken records and infomercials-

I am glad you are liking it so far, keep up with the posting of your results, please. So all of us product junkies can keep filling our cabinets with stuff-

· Registered
185 Posts
Hi Pumi,

I've always used grapeseed oil or Vitamin E Oil around my eyes.

However, from an old book of mine I've found this super 'Moisturising Eye Balm' from Liz Earle.

• 2 teaspoons avocado oil

• 2 teaspoons wheatgerm oil

• 2 teaspoons calendula oil

• half a teaspoon runny honey

• 10g [quarter ounce] cocoa butter.

METHOD

• Put all ingredients in a heat-proof bowl and place in a saucepan half-filled
  • with water.

• Gently heat until honey and cocoa butter have dissolved into the plant
  • oils. Stir thoroughly.

• Put into a small bottle or screw-top jar and give the mixture a final stir to
  • prevent it seperating out as it sets.

• Apply at night using light fingertip movements to pat around the entire
  • eye area.

PUFFY EYE REMEDY

This is a remedy I've found effective. It is simple and can be more effective than many expensive eye-gels. The skin tissues around the eye are tightened by the natural tea tannins and signs of puffiness are greatly reduced. The coldness of the compress helps to reduce puffy eyes because of stimulation of the lymphatic system around the eye area.

METHOD

Use 2 strong tea-bags [eg: Darjeeling]

Rinse the tea bags under the tap. Place in the fridge for half an hour. Ensure your eyes are cleansed of make-up and relax with bags on eye-lids for 20 minutes.

DARK CIRCLES

Chamomile helps minimise dark circles by constricting blood vessels under the eyes.

Place a steeped, chilled chamomile tea bag under each closed eye for 10-20 minutes in the morning [If you are sensitive to pollen, you could be allergic to chamomile tea].

An alternative is witch-hazel. Soak a cotton wool ball in witch-hazel and place under closed eyes for 20 minures.

TO COVER DARK CIRCLES

Use a yellow-based concealer to neutralise any purple hues under the eyes,

Best wishes

redrose

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I worked in a large department store which sells all major brands, the most popular eye cream was Talika. Both men and women came in for it and customers kep telling me to try it, we kept running out. I never got to try the range but have always been meaning to - the only down side is that I don't think it is very natural which puts me off.

· Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a good eye cream or eye gel for a long time without success. The creams I have used before did nothing for me and I feel they just sit on my skin without any purpose at all!
In the morning when I wake up, I still have tired eyes and dark circles!!

Can somebody pls suggest which eye creams or gels they find effective at tackling tired looking eyes, puffiness , fine lines and if possible dark circles too or any one of these problems?

I would want to know of some effective DIY eye creams too if any.

Just wondering if it is a good idea to use facial oils as eye creams??

I would really appreciate your opinions and feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Pumi.
Hi Pumi,

Have you ever tried Easy Eye Solutions? They have a wonderful instant eye tuck serum and eye cream. The great thing about these products is what they do for your under eye area in the long term. The serum will instantly firm the under eye but over time it will reduce the fine lines and certainly the dark circles and puffiness. They are worth checking out. I would say that since using these products I look 5 years younger. I had heard about these from a friend of mine in California. She said that they were some sort of insider beauty secret in the film industry used by some of the big names in film. I don't normally fall for that kind of hype but my friend is one of the most level headed people I know. She said that she was using both products and could not believe how great the results were. Went on line and ordered and fell in love with the first applications.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.