Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im 19 years old and im developing small wrinkles on my outer eye so im going to start taking care of it. one of my eyes, the lid is sagging a bit, enough to notice
. i have fairly sensitive skin and personally, not bothered by chemicals or naturals

what ingredients are mostly found in anti wrinkles? how could i "bring up" a drooping eyelid?:$

please give me some name products that you know work in time and arnt super expensive
i love things that work =)

thanks

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Sounds like you could use Retin A. Aveeno makes some pretty good products as well, Lancome, Vichy the list is a long one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The product I found that gave me the best results is a product by L'Occitane called very precious eye serum. I noticed a major improvement in the fine lines (crows feet).
pros: works as long as you use it every night.
cons: improves eye area to a certain point then stops (but it's not surgery, right?!)
you're smart to start addressing the issue now. I wish I had, I'm in my 40's.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
an eye cream with rice peptides is beneficial for young skin, lydia you dont wanna use the heavy duty eye creams that people in their 30s and 40+ use because they can cause stress on young skin with their ingredients, go for gentle and use a slight touch of retin-A 0.025% CREAM under the eyes alternating with the rice peptides cream.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
yes and I asked both my doctor and dermatologist this after reading some previous posts. My doctor said Retin-A can be used for skin rejuvation as early as 16/17 and my dermatologist says that she prescribes Retin-A to patients with acne starting from age 12, however, they both advise to young people who are starting out to start with the lowest strength CREAM version and work their way up as they age, but they can also stick to the strength that best suits their skin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
316 Posts
an eye cream with rice peptides is beneficial for young skin, lydia you dont wanna use the heavy duty eye creams that people in their 30s and 40+ use because they can cause stress on young skin with their ingredients, go for gentle and use a slight touch of retin-A 0.025% CREAM under the eyes alternating with the rice peptides cream.
Do you have a specific cream in mind with rice peptides?

·
Registered
139 Posts
do you think the bright-I cream from skinactives is too "heavy duty" for a 28 yo man?

are there any ingredients or products that i should stay away from at this "young" age
?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
do you think the bright-I cream from skinactives is too "heavy duty" for a 28 yo man?

are there any ingredients or products that i should stay away from at this "young" age
?
No the skin actives Bright I is fairly light weight. I think it would suit you just fine being that you are ONLY 28. Rub that into us old folks why don't ya!!

I use this cream in the PM, and the Juice Beauty in the AM. The Bright I is rich but not oily in any way.

Give it a try. You can't go wrong with Skinactives products in my opinion.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
The one is use is from the Mens Skin Care line called Zirh which worked great at getting rid of my puffiness and dark circles, im sorry Ill look for the best unisex or women's rice peptide eye cream.
Please do, I would be interested in what you find-

·
Registered
139 Posts
thanks! i'll give the skinactives eyecream a try first. any other products from them that you think might suit me (not that you know a lot about me besides my age), or that are personal favourites?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
thanks! i'll give the skinactives eyecream a try first. any other products from them that you think might suit me (not that you know a lot about me besides my age), or that are personal favourites?
What type of skin do you have and what are some of your concerns? Skinactives is one of my favorite sites. They have simple packaging and I love that!! What you see is what you get.

Age is just a number anyways-

·
Registered
139 Posts
i would guess my skin is dry to normal. i'm starting to develop fine lines around the eyes and have one thats is more prominent under my left eye (this is the side of the face i bury in my pillow). i would like to get rid of these.
under my eyes, close to my nose, i also have some white-ish dots that i would like to get rid of. i thinkit might be caused by me sometime using reg moistiriser under my eyes, for exampel after i shower at the gym.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
i would guess my skin is dry to normal. i'm starting to develop fine lines around the eyes and have one thats is more prominent under my left eye (this is the side of the face i bury in my pillow). i would like to get rid of these.
under my eyes, close to my nose, i also have some white-ish dots that i would like to get rid of. i thinkit might be caused by me sometime using reg moistiriser under my eyes, for exampel after i shower at the gym.
Ok, so this is what I would recommend. Hope it doesn't overwhelm you-

First of all, invest in a good satin pillow case. I have several, and change them often. This has helped me so that when I wake up I don't have creases on my face.

Also, get yourself one of these.
Microfiber Cleansing ClothÂ*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger
It will help you with the white dots. This is the best exfoliation cloth you will ever use. It will leave your face clean, exfoliated, but the best part is your skin will have a nice glow to it. I use mine every night. It truly is the best cloth I have ever used. Worth the $12!!!

Give the Bright I a try. I think you will like it. Also, try grapeseed oil or jojoba oil as a moisturizer. They work wonders, and are relatively cheap!! Grapeseed oil is lighter but neither will leave you with the greasy feeling at all. Try using them at night. And you only need to use a tiny bit.

You could try using Retin A too for the anti aging benefits. It is safe to use around your eyes. Just start off with a low % or even the Retin A micro.

You can't go wrong with making your own Vit C serum. There are quite a few of us on this site who make our own Vit C. Use it in the AM. Cheap and very effective!!

Last but not least, use a good sunscreen. This is the best anti aging tool you could use!!! The sun is evil when it comes to fighting wrinkles.

·
Registered
139 Posts
hehe.. not at all. thanks a lot for taking time and answering my questions and giving me tips.
i will definately buy a new pillow and a new pillow case. i have tried to sleep on my back but it doesn't work. its difficult to fall asleep and i end up rumbling around in bed once a fall asleep.
i actually got that microfiber cloth delivered yesterday so i used if fot the first time last night and love the feeling. i washed my face with water first and then worked it in small circles with the cloth. (should i do it on a dry face instead?) have you tried exfoliating your body with this?
i have thought about making my own serum for a while now and think i will give it a go. just need to order all the ingredients.
when i get the Bright-I, should i alternate between this one and oil every other night then?
i will also buy a good sunscreen - i live in australia so i guess that is a must. from other post i've read here i think i'll go for la roche posay and see how i like that. haven't found a place that sells it and ships to australia though.

once again- many thanks !

·
Registered
316 Posts
Use the Bright I only under your eyes and the oil on the rest of your face. Start with only a few drops of the oil (I always buy a separate dropper bottle). A lot of people starting out on oil end up hating it because they use waaaay too much. Only a few drops are needed to ensure moisturization without oiliness. Good luck and let us know how it all works for you!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts