Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this scale is a better indicator of color than the von Luschan scale. Not entirely of course, von Luschan's scale is better with the more pale colors. But here is a pic of both MAC NC and NW shades, taken from the-swatchaholic.com. Personally, I don't use mac (I don't use anything really), but I know many do.

*Disregard the nail polish color, I posted this for the skin color (color of fingers).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im NC50 for sure but i use to be NC55 so im not mad lol my goal is NC37 OR NC40

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's a cool chart. I remember seeing one with actual faces, but I can't remember what site that was
. I'm just generally not very good with shade identification I've noticed, I think I need to see it on real people in order to identify my exact shade. But if I wore mac, i'm sure that would probably help.

Another thing, why does NW45 & NW 47 look darker than NC50 to me? Is it just me?

·
Registered
474 Posts
No they are actually darker than NC50, I think it's because NW colors have got red undertones while NC ones have yellow ones

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
It's a cool chart. I remember seeing one with actual faces, but I can't remember what site that was
. I'm just generally not very good with shade identification I've noticed, I think I need to see it on real people in order to identify my exact shade. But if I wore mac, i'm sure that would probably help.

Another thing, why does NW45 & NW 47 look darker than NC50 to me? Is it just me?
Nw45 is a dark brown color and nc50 is an medium brown color. Nc50 is lighter then nw45. When you see people who wear nw45 they tend to be darker then nc50 people.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm a matchmaster 7.0 which is nw40,nw43 and nc45. I used to use nw43 for years but always found it a bit too dark till matchmaster came out, now it's a perfect match.
I think I'm happy at my current skintone, most of my permatan is gone. I just need to even out more with kojie sans soap, dcl and vitamin c

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think this scale is a better indicator of color than the von Luschan scale. Not entirely of course, von Luschan's scale is better with the more pale colors. But here is a pic of both MAC NC and NW shades, taken from the-swatchaholic.com. Personally, I don't use mac (I don't use anything really), but I know many do.

*Disregard the nail polish color, I posted this for the skin color (color of fingers).
I started my journey at a mix of nw47, nc50, and nc45. After 2 months of exfoliation, I'm at a mix of nw45 and nc45.. my goal is nw40/nc42. I kinda want to see, once Ive reached my goal, if I can get to nw35 but at the same time that would be waaaay too obvious I think. I'm already getting compliments and I'm terrified they are going to turn into more questions as I get closer to my goal =/

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thank you for this chart it look more accurate and easier to interpret then the other scales. I'm an NC45 (who isn't) and I'm aiming to be an NC 35.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was NC50 and darkened to a NC55. I want to be be NC45 maybe a 44 at most. There are parts of my body that are NC44 naturally(my stomach inner arms parts of my thighs and calves) so I believe my color without a permatan would be NC45ish so I think that will be my ultimate goal.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts