Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Periwinkle, I am new to this forum, but have read in great detail your knowledge of skin care, particularly when it comes to tretinoin. I am a user of tretinoin and I buy it online without a rx (hope I'm allowed to say that, btw). Anyway, I can't pm you since I am a noob. I noticed in a thread that you helped someone else out by pm'ing them (they were a noob 2). Would you pm me and share some more information with me concerning purchasing this product without a rx and whether I am getting the best deal and the strength that I should be using. I started out using a .025% concentration and now am using a .05%. Since graduating to this strength however, I have this awful red, peeling skin under my nose and above my lip, which looks horrible when I apply my foundation. I try to only use this every other night, but may need to cut back even more. Also, could you tell me more about the green cream that I keep hearing about. Maybe this would be an option to use in between? Thanks for your response in advance!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Periwinkle, I owe you a big thank you, but couldn't pm you until I have posted 15 times! This is the only place that I know of that you will get this message. You are very knowledgeable with the tretinoin face treatment and your information that you so gratefully pm'd to me will be very useful. I have already checked it out. I hope that this thank you finds its way to you. If Gymrat sees it, I know that it will be brought to your attention! So sorry for the delay, I just wasn't sure how to get this message to you!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Hi Periwinkle, I owe you a big thank you, but couldn't pm you until I have posted 15 times! This is the only place that I know of that you will get this message. You are very knowledgeable with the tretinoin face treatment and your information that you so gratefully pm'd to me will be very useful. I have already checked it out. I hope that this thank you finds its way to you. If Gymrat sees it, I know that it will be brought to your attention! So sorry for the delay, I just wasn't sure how to get this message to you!
I let him know to check this thread. He is a good one to ask and always gives great advice. Good luck with the RA, I hope it works out for you-

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Glad I could be of help. I forgot that you could not PM me.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's quiet alright Periwinkle, I am working hard on those first 15 posts already. Just wanted you to know that your information was greatly appreciated.
I also wonder, do you use the .01% at all since you said that it really burned? Maybe once or twice a week after getting used to it, or maybe that stronger formula isn't necessary at all? On the link that you sent me, it says that sometimes, a stronger percentage may not be tolerated or even necessary. I am having a hard time graduating to the .05% from a 0.25%, so I find myself alternating from one to the other every other night. Hey, maybe I can save the strong stuff for when I am really old, lol
Btw, I checked out the site to order and wow what a deal, although I didn't see where to find out shipping costs. I guess I would have to add to my cart and then go from there with my info.? I placed an order for tretinoin from an online pharmacy and the product came all the way from India. Wasn't too keen on that idea, not knowing whether the product was genuine or not. Must have been though, since I do have all this peeling going on
Just glad that you got the proper

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I use the .01% every other night. If you think what you are using is too strong you can always buffer it and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh thanks gymrat, thanks to Periwinkle and his link, I know about buffering now too. I may try that with the .05%. I havn't been brave enough to go with the .01% yet, still trying to get used to the .05%, but buffering will work with any. Good thinking Gymrat, I may try that tonight!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I get my RA by prescription, but I have heard that when you get in from an online pharmacy it can be a little bit stronger. Which for some that is a good thing. But until your face gets used to it, I would try buffering it. Can't hurt that is forsure-

Are you moisturizing after your apply the RA?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I get my RA by prescription, but I have heard that when you get in from an online pharmacy it can be a little bit stronger. Which for some that is a good thing. But until your face gets used to it, I would try buffering it. Can't hurt that is forsure-

Are you moisturizing after your apply the RA?
I don't always moisturize after using the RA, but I may now that I know about buffering. Would you suggest that I moisturize before applying RA, after, or mixing the two?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I don't always moisturize after using the RA, but I may now that I know about buffering. Would you suggest that I moisturize before applying RA, after, or mixing the two?
I would mix the 2 to be honest. You can moisturize before, I would just be afraid of over doing it on the moisturizer. Mixing the 2 you can figure out just the right amount to mix. It may not take a lot just a dab of moisturizer.

Or even try equal amounts and see how you do with that.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You bet, anytime!!

Still a fan of Green cream too- as is my side kick fawnie.
Oh yeah, about the Green Cream, do you use both the RA and Green Cream or do you alternate between the two? Aren't they both retinol products?

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Oh yeah, about the Green Cream, do you use both the RA and Green Cream or do you alternate between the two? Aren't they both retinol products?
I alternate between the two. Every other night.

Green cream is a retinol, retin a is a retinoid.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe that is just what I need to try next, Green cream one night then RA! I'm all for trying new products. I'll check out the Green Cream thread that is generating about the forums as we speak! Before this forum I had never heard of Green Cream and I thought when it come to skin care, I pretty much heard of them all! Thanks again!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I too thought I heard of every trick of the trade until I started noising around these forum. You will learn a lot, and learn how to make a lot of different things on your own. I never would have thought making Vit C serum was as easy and as cheap as it is until I did it for myself.

Give the green cream a try, I think you will like it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I too thought I heard of every trick of the trade until I started noising around these forum. You will learn a lot, and learn how to make a lot of different things on your own. I never would have thought making Vit C serum was as easy and as cheap as it is until I did it for myself.

Give the green cream a try, I think you will like it.
I am going to do just that as soon as I see where to purchase and for the best price I can find (hey, I love skin care products, but I am still savvy, lol)!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts