Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just stumbled upon this site by "accident".

I've been using anti-aging supplements for like 20 years, but have not cared about any skin-care (since I'm a man).

Looking to change that now (those small and medium wrinkles starting to appear), and would like to incorporate an antioxidant formula for my face.

Do you know of any such formula/product that are more powerful than others?

It should of course contain as high doses of vitamin C and E as possible (or have a very high "bioavailability (if one can use that word on something that is being applied to the skin from the outside)) ", and if possible (have no idea if any product include this) Alpha-Lipoic Acid. Any extra added vitamins would of course be beneficial also.

I would prefer a non-grasy formula, if possible, so that I can apply it day-time as well as night-time, without going to work looking "shiny" in my face.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
If you have money purchase the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic, which has the most antioxidants that lasts all day on your skin because it E and Ferulic recycles Vitamin C constantly and helps to ensure that your normal skins antioxidant levels are not depleted by the environment, sun, and pollution. Otherwise, there is Xtend-life Mens Fluid, which is one of the best moisturizers with Coenzyme Q10, CynergyTk, Hyaluronic Acid, Phystessence Wakame, and a host of other ingredients that help restore your skins collagen and natural antioxidant levels - Age-defense active facial fluid - link

Otherwise, you can make your own DIY vitamin C serum with Vitamin E, Ferulic, Sea Kelp Bioferment.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi John,
In addition to LnL's excellent post above I just want to caution you against trying to throw too many ingredients into a DIY mixture if you decide to do that. Here's a simple one that I like - you really can't go wrong with it and it's cheap to make:

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...html#post64990

If you want to use ALA, you could use a product after the serum absorbs containing it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi John,
In addition to LnL's excellent post above I just want to caution you against trying to throw too many ingredients into a DIY mixture if you decide to do that. Here's a simple one that I like - you really can't go wrong with it and it's cheap to make:

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...html#post64990

If you want to use ALA, you could use a product after the serum absorbs containing it.

Green Tea Extract is another good antioxidant. I like to add it to my moisturizer and my aloe product for LED treatments. Using an anti-oxidant under sunscreen is added insurance against free radical damage, so you're definitely onto the right thing there!
Skin Actives Scientific : Green Tea Extract with EGCG

Skin | care | talk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts