Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve been using extreme glow since September but didn’t start exfoliating properly until December 2020/January 2021. My hands, face and feet are lighter (don’t use extreme glow on face). However I don’t feel that the cream is working, I’m getting frustrated as I decided to give it another chance and buy another bottle because I wasn’t exfoliating before.
in some comparison pictures in other lighting I can see a difference but now I’m not sure. People say EG is suspected to contain steroids but I find that hard to believe as I’ve barely lightened in 3 months.

Regimen is Kojie San twice a day, followed by LA lotion (15%) and Extreme glow. Once a week I do a 40% LA peel then a sea salt bath

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
PLEASE DONT QUOTE PICS.IM GOING TO DELETE. Can someone please tell me if they can see a difference? I’m not sure I can.

March 2020

March 2021

·
Registered
372 Posts
The lighting is a bit dark so I can't really tell. Try taking pictures in daylight because indoor lightening will really have you believing things aren't working. I've personally used Extreme Glow (Lemon) and mixed it a little of the serum, I had some of the gel and I also mixed it with kojic acid dissolved in witch hazel. I tried that and occluded overnight, saw results from that. Try occluding at night when you go to sleep. Extreme glow as I've discovered for some reason didn't work well alone. I tried the serum by itself for a few weeks, I tried the gel by itself, the lotion by itself. It never worked until I mixed it with other ingredients for some reason.
That product line is pretty pricey so what I would do if I were you, I would keep exfoliating with the kojic acid at night and leave it on for 3 mintues before washing it off. After your shower, apply your LA lotion let it sit for like 10 minutes then apply your extreme glow and then occlude and go to bed. That's what I did when I was using the lemon glow. You may not see results overnight like I did (cause tbh i was using a lot at that time so I can't say that the overnight results came from just that particular regimen I was following that week with the lemon glow) but you will begin to see a difference!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Also with all the acids youre using, be sure to use something to build your skin in between. Use like a collagen lotion or like Vaseline.

·
Banned
67 Posts
I’m not able to see your pics but lightorexia is real lol I’d sit in the house taking pics in different lighting trying to see results and would be so bummed until I get a second opinion or go in natural light.

I used lemon glow way back in the day I was too scared to use extreme because I read to many horror stories. Most ppl bought it because of the super fast results I’m shocked it’s slow for you but my advice is definitely watch your skin like a hawk! Make sure you moisturize and skin build you’re doing great with exfoliating but don’t forget to nourish. Lighter skin is great, but ugly lighter skin is no beuno honey so take care of it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m not able to see your pics but lightorexia is real lol I’d sit in the house taking pics in different lighting trying to see results and would be so bummed until I get a second opinion or go in natural light.

I used lemon glow way back in the day I was too scared to use extreme because I read to many horror stories. Most ppl bought it because of the super fast results I’m shocked it’s slow for you but my advice is definitely watch your skin like a hawk! Make sure you moisturize and skin build you’re doing great with exfoliating but don’t forget to nourish. Lighter skin is great, but ugly lighter skin is no beuno honey so take care of it.
I agree. It could also be the time of year; my skin looks a lot lighter brighter and healthier on sunny days and on dark overcast days I feel like I look dark and washed out. And its March right now so I've been feeling ugly for awhile because of this lol. But I know im several shades lighter than I used to be; so its a combination of lightorexia and weather for me. I wish my skin looked the same in all lighting conditions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts