Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:(

I used CaroLight (Angel) for about a week. I then started breaking out a lot with small red pimples all over my face and also whiteheads. After a few days, I got contact dermatitis on both my cheek areas. My cheek areas are red, raw and also have raised rashes. My skin is itchy, dry and extremely uncomfortable. It is also extremely sensitive now, even to unscented lotions like E45.

Please is there anything I could do / use to get rid of the rashes, and breakouts? and also just get my skin back to normal. I've stopped using the CaroLight.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Clean the area gently with cool water and mild soap and pat dry gently. Then apply an over-the-counter Hydrocortisone topical cream for a couple of days or so depending on how inflamed it feels. Refrain from using any actives on or near the irritated areas for at least a week to ten days. Calm the dermatitis down with a topical cream and time, then you can treat the breakouts with your regular skincare routine. Be patient and play it by ear, your skin will heal.

This is a reminder of why it's so important to patch test.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clean the area gently with cool water and mild soap and pat dry gently. Then apply an over-the-counter Hydrocortisone topical cream for a couple of days or so depending on how inflamed it feels. Refrain from using any actives on or near the irritated areas for at least a week to ten days. Calm the dermatitis down with a topical cream and time, then you can treat the breakouts with your regular skincare routine. Be patient and play it by ear, your skin will heal.

This is a reminder of why it's so important to patch test.
It's so strange because I've used CaroLight before and my skin looked amazing with no adverse effects. Thank you for this advice! Very helpful.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You're welcome.

It's possible your skin was more sensitive at the moment (perhaps if you've recently applied peels or exfoliants) and the SkinLight was the last straw and triggered a reaction. Too many actives can trigger breakouts/rashes. A shoddy or fake product can cause problems as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts