Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they pretty much the same or is one better than the other?

Has any one tried Cellex-C Ageless 15?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Skinceuticals CE Ferulic has the addition of ferulic acid which gives it the edge I do believe. Giving it an SPF rating of around 8

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
chunch, both are good products and the technology for both was developed by the same man! Very high quality C serums. I have heard good things about both & I have used Skinceuticals C+E ferulic with good results, but Mari here likes Cellex-C and gets equally good results.

They are expensive though and so most ppl limit the use of them to just a few drops when more is better. You can make your own very easily and cheaply and it will be fresher and more beneficial. If vit C is allowed to oxidize, as it does very quickly, it forms free radicals which damage the skin instead of helping it. The storebought stuff already is starting to oxidize by the time you buy it.

There is an easy recipe and a more "loaded" recipe for C serum. We can help you with it if you would like us to!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Are they pretty much the same or is one better than the other?

Has any one tried Cellex-C Ageless 15?
I've been using Cellex-C (Ageless 15?) -- I think it's a good product and I've had results with it. I note that most cosmetic lines are introducing a Vit C serum. Elizabeth Grant on TSC is selling 3 small bottles of 15% for $34C -- a good deal but I haven't tried it. I do like the idea of the small bottles because the larger Cellex-C starts to oxidize when you get to the last 1/4 of the bottle. Aloette has a good pigment cream -smells like orange juice but it's rather thick -- it does absorb quickly into your skin. never tried it long enough to see results.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Where can I find the recipe for the C serum?
Here is the "loaded" recipe:
http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...lic-serum.html

And here is the simple one:

e: DIY Vitamin C Serums - for anti-ageing and evened-toned skin
Well, try using 1 tsp of Vit C, with your 1/4 tsp of Rosehip oil, and 1 oz of distilled water. That should give about a 14% soln: 5.0/(5.0+1.25+30.0).

But check the pH first. pH needs to be <3.5 to be effectively used by the skin. Store in dark bottle in the frig. Only mix what you can use in a couple weeks so it is fresh and potent.

HTH!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Skinceuticals CE Ferulic has the addition of ferulic acid which gives it the edge I do believe. Giving it an SPF rating of around 8
Yes periwinkle you are right. The ferulic acid does give this product the edge. I have used it and really liked it myself. I am now trying to make my own......so we shall see how it goes.

I think both products are similar and is just your own personal preference

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I guess I should be saving all my Cellex-C bottles -- in case I decide to DIY? Can one buy dark dropper bottles?

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
I guess I should be saving all my Cellex-C bottles -- in case I decide to DIY? Can one buy dark dropper bottles?
Yes Mari save those bottles!! Mine came with caps too and I have been saving all of it!! I did order some extras though on GOW site and makingcosmetic site. You also might be able to find them at a craft store. I haven't check my local craft stores yet, but I am going too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have not tried it, I would like to. But I am not spending that kind of money on a product that may or may not work.

The sell Cellex-C on a shopping channel?

·
Registered
15 Posts
A very good friend of mine is the only distributer for skin ceuticals in the country so ive been lucky to get lots of products very cheap and have given them a good run for there money and i must say they are up there for me in my top 5 skincare lines for best anti aging products

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Before finding this forum and Retin A I was using Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 this did work great for me, but the cheapest place I could find it was Ebay. Looking again for true Retin A I stumbled upon this site.

·
Registered
713 Posts
A very good friend of mine is the only distributer for skin ceuticals in the country so ive been lucky to get lots of products very cheap and have given them a good run for there money and i must say they are up there for me in my top 5 skincare lines for best anti aging products
richard...share your other favs!!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Richard will your friend be my friend. I love Skinceutical but it gets way too expensive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts