Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: Can you use cellex c under the eyes?? I'm looking for a good vitamin C for the morning routine...................... thanks

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hi: Can you use cellex c under the eyes?? I'm looking for a good vitamin C for the morning routine...................... thanks
Hi Chelsie -- don't expect immediate results with cellex c -- it took me at least a couple of months to notice any difference.

What I notice now is that because I have been using it for so long I don't have the lines under or at the corner of my eyes. the use is cullmative.

Do wait until the Shopping Channel has it as their showstopper -- you'll save a lot of money. I'm hoping that they will give a sample of their new gel on their next appearance.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mari

it's selling for $90.00 right now, I looked at the guide and they are not coming on air soon...........but I'll wait for the price to come down a bit.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I am a bit perplexed by C creams and serums. I used Jan Marini and did not see any benefit then used a cheaper but cosmetic brand and same, today I bought Twin Lab liquid C and am going to use it on my face. I figure it has glycerin and seems to be for oral use but I may as well give it a go as Twin Lab is known for really good vitamins. I am not sure if this will be better but for the money it is worth a try!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
In order for a C serum to work, it needs to be formulated to penetrate the epidermis of your skin and work down to the dermis. PH is a HUGE factor here. Needs to have a PH of 3.5 or lower. If it were as simple as using the Twinlab product you bought then everyone would be going this route instead of either making their own or buying a proven formula such as Skinceuticals CE Ferulic. Which retails for $90-$120 Many, many people have no problem paying this much for this proven serum.

Here's a couple of good threads. One thing I dont necessarily agree with in the first link is the part that says'"About 50% of people show noticable benefits"
I highly respect that website but that statement is the only time I have ever read that about a properly formulated C serum. And I've read alot about it.

Vitamin C for wrinkles and skin aging

Vitamin C + E + ferulic acid: enhancing stability and effectiveness of topical ascorbic acid

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Lexi is this the product you tried?
Jan Marini Skin Research - Jan Marini C-Esta Serum - Purchase Jan Marini Skin Care Products, Revitalash, MD Lash Factor & More! - Jan Marini C Esta Serum - Jan marini Products, Jan Marini Skin Care Products

Looks like a good product except I cant find the percentage of vitamin C they use. I looked at several sites to no avail. Anyone know? If the product does not list the percentage of vitamin C, that is a huge red flag to me. It needs to be at least 10% to be effective. 15-20% is even better.
That may well be a good product that can produce some results with the other ingredients it has in it.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Hyaluronate, DAE Complex (Ascorbal Palmitate, L-Ttronsine, DMAE), Dimethicone, Urea, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Fragrance (Parfume), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Zinc Sulfate, Thiotaine, Pyridoxine HCl, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Farnesol, Linalool.

Taken from smartskincare.com

Ascorbyl palmitate

Ascorbyl palmitate is the most widely used fat-soluble derivative of vitamin C in skin care. It is nonirritating and more stable than vitamin C. Furthermore, ascorbyl palmitate is a fat-soluble antioxidant and is at least as effective as vitamin E in protecting the skin from lipid peroxidation (a key type of free radical damage in the skin). Unfortunately, it appears that the concentrations of ascorbyl palmitate achievable in skin care formulas do not boost collagen synthesis as much as vitamin C.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
None of Jan Marini's products give their percentages. Same with all their glycolic products which is why I am discontinuing all the product range, that and it is expensive. I know a woman who works for a plastic surgeon and she told me Skinceuticals is best but that liquid vitamin c can be just as good if not better than most C-serums/creams. The C-esta was what I was using!

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi....cellex c will will on the home shopping channel here in canada on june 9th 2009 for all those who are interested

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
hi....cellex c will will on the home shopping channel here in canada on june 9th 2009 for all those who are interested
Wow that is really nice of you Ohara- I am sure all those in Canada will thank you too-

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi there,

I don't know anything about Cellex C. I find the Vitamin C range of products from the BODY SHOP to be very effective and can be bought online from them.

The Body Shop - Natural Beauty Products inspired by Nature and Ethically made

There's a Vitamin C SPF moisture cream for the day and Vitamin C skin reviver and Vitamin C capsules for the night,

Best of luck,

redrose
I was using vit c capsules from body shop and it is good. Helped to improve my skin tone and reduce my facial redness. But, I have stopped using it now as making my own vitamin c serum is so much cheaper and effective also.

Thank you everyone for sharing the recipe!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts