Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help!! cellulite on buttocks and thighs.. my skin feels lumpy bumpy. its difficult to describe.. its like i hav 2 buttock cheeks on each thigh..

iv tried nivea dats not rely helpd also tried avon cellusculpt dats not eitha..

any advice on wat works to get rid of this altogether..

thanks in advance for reply..

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Sam I hate to tell you this, but nothing you put on your skin will do anything substantial for cellulite. I haven't heard of anything that will in fact. You can lose weight and exercise to firm the area but even thin ppl can have cellulite.

Here is some info that might help:
Smart Skin Care: Cellulite

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Sam I hate to tell you this, but nothing you put on your skin will do anything substantial for cellulite. I haven't heard of anything that will in fact. You can lose weight and exercise to firm the area but even thin ppl can have cellulite.

Here is some info that might help:
Smart Skin Care: Cellulite
There's a difference between "thin" and lean. Thin people can still have fat and cellulite. However, I have never seen a lean figure model or bodybuilder with cellulite, so the key to this is for one to get off their lazy *** and go to the gym. I'm sorry but no creams or potions will help.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Freddy, I have never met Mariepop but I understand she is very lean and athletic. She says she has cellulite in spite of cycling quite a bit. How can someone who is already lean and active get rid of it then?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I think he means ....lean, mean, muscle machine LOL!!!!! there are people whom walk this earth that work out and have no cellutite and I envy them (big time!) they work each muscle group daily- Not to be mean or judgemetal but I wish I had the spine for it and all that spare time to do it.... Look at serious ballet dancers Fawnie- no cellutite, gymnists are quite lean too... and I agree that butt wagging thing, Lydia has way too much time....LOL!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was just posting in the anti aging thread about this. I am looking at buying a cream for my cellulite. I hear it enhances cellulite massages, and I regularly get these.

And your right, it doesn't matter how lean you are. Cellulite happens to 90% of women and even some men.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
To be honest, it sounds like you're just trying to make yourself feel better because you have cellulite. What RELIABLE source says that 90% of women have cellulite? Who asked all these people to find out this number?

You do know that 78.4454 % of stats are made up randomly on the spot right?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I love to defer to Dr. Oz. He tells ya' straight and plain...

Q:
"Is there any treatment for cellulite? "

A:
"Dr. Oz warns that treatments out on the market today consist of a $3 billion dollar industry. The treatments are short lived and don’t last. They are not fixing or removing the cellulite, they just temporarily mask surface of the skin. Cellulite is caused by the fibrous tissue that holds our skin to our body. When fat is stored in the fat cells that continually swell and become like marshmallows. The cellulite is caused when the fat swells up through the mesh that holds our skin to our body."

Toning ones musculature and losing subcutaneous fat is essential. There are no short cuts.

I love Bikram yoga for it's benefits in improving muscle tone, circulation and the appearance of cellulite. Please refer to link and let me know what you think?

Battling cellulite with yoga: six poses to target your buttocks and legs | She Knows LowCarb Energy | Find Articles at BNET

However; for a temporary solution, "Fat Girl Slim" is a popular and effective product here in the States. Please note the link provided.
Sephora: Bliss Products: FatGirlSlim Slimming Cream at Sephora.com: Cellulite Treatments

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It's just that I have no idea how people think that creams or massages or whatever are going to help. It's a lame excuse for not going to the gym.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
This might help. It's called a Rubber Glass and is a silicone suction device that you massage your skin with after applying oil or cellulite cream:

Brand New Cellulite Reduction Method - Vacuum Therapy with Rubber Glass
It looks like the same principle as the Vacu-Lifters that ppl use to firm their skin on their faces and bodies.
The Vacu-Lifters are $85. The Rubber Glass is $30.

I haven't used any of these devices, they just looked interesting to me!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
This might help. It's called a Rubber Glass and is a silicone suction device that you massage your skin with after applying oil or cellulite cream:

Brand New Cellulite Reduction Method - Vacuum Therapy with Rubber Glass
It looks like the same principle as the Vacu-Lifters that ppl use to firm their skin on their faces and bodies.
The Vacu-Lifters are $85. The Rubber Glass is $30.

I haven't used any of these devices, they just looked interesting to me!
Go ahead and try that there fawnie and get back to us with the results-

1 - 20 of 30 Posts