Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I am a boy with natural curly hair with tight curls (like wwe superstar Carlito),but I want to have loose curls so that my hair becomes like nick Jonas(loose curly hair).

What do you suggest?Some people tell me to perm hair , but I don't know what's a perm and what's the difference between perm and relaxer.Feel free to write your suggestions.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi oMarko and welcome, I'm not a hairdresser but I've had a few perms in my day! A perm is a chemical that put onto your hair (while it's in special curlers) to curl your hair. A perm can last from 6 to 12 months. A relaxer from what I understand, relaxed the hair or tight curls. (But the thing you have to remember there are no guarantees with these kinda treatments). If you are seriously considering either one You should speak to a good hairdresser (someone with experience) let them look at your specific hair, then let them determine what would be the appropriate action to take to get the results you are looking for. (you really don't want hair like a rag doll for 6 to 12 months) I'ver heard stories of home perms and relaxers where the hair fell off in clumps, you don't ant that either. It's truly best to seek out a pro. Good luck hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much,but can you tell me the name of the perm that you use and will it make me have loose curls like nick jonas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I hate dreads
.can you show me before and after pictures for boys who used curling perm.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
oMarko, a perm is unpredictable...You may want it to look one way, but it may not turn out that way. I think your best bet would be to go see a reputable stylist and ask for their opinion, what would they do, Can they relax the curl enough, or loosen the curls a bit. That in my opinion is the only way, that you'll get the look you will be happy with.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi everybody, I am a boy with natural curly hair with tight curls (like wwe superstar Carlito),but I want to have loose curls so that my hair becomes like nick Jonas(loose curly hair).

What do you suggest?Some people tell me to perm hair , but I don't know what's a perm and what's the difference between perm and relaxer.Feel free to write your suggestions.
DIVA SMOOTH Janelle Beauty - Hair Care, Makeup, Face Cleansers, Skin Care, All Natural Pure Beauty Products.

·
Registered
17 Posts

oMarko - I have your hair type as well. Relaxers don't work on my hair, after the first wash, the curl tries to dominate and the least amount of humidity results in major frizz. I met a hairdresser who started doing a curly perm, but she used actual curlers, not perm rods. This was much better. Then I moved to D.C. and now I get a 'wave nouveau' but again, the hairdresser uses curlers. Instead of using the heavy gunk moisturizer they recommend for this type of perm, I only use John Freida Frizz stuff, and a Vigarol Hair Mousse from Sallys. My hair has a softer, straighter curl with the wave nouveau than with the other perm. Good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've read that if you use henna or cassia on your hair, it will relax your curls a bit. You might want to check out longhaircommunity forums for more info on this.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Using a mild regular perm on large perm rollers WILL loosen your curl pattern. Let a good hair-stylist check out your hair & suggest the correct one. Mony is right: they can be unwieldy but I've seen this work nicely with beautiful results.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You can texturize your hair .. (with a texturizer)
or
you can texlax(texturize your hair with a relaxer)
Leave the product on your hair for half of the time so your hair is not bone straight from the relaxer. If you wish you can coat your hair with a light oil such as extra virgin olive oil and then texlax or texturize .. this will ensure the proccessing is slower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts