Skin Care Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Many of you know that I've been using mono 20% for about 2 months now. It typically takes 4-6 months to begin seeing a result; some times longer depending upon the individual & how much colour they had to begin with. This morning, I began actually seeing results. I wanted to be really certain before posting so I double checked. The place where my legs meet my body in the front (bikini line where the bikini elastic sits) & the area beneath my breasts along where the bottom line of a bra sits had been exfoliating like crazy in the shower lately. The new skin being revealed is surprisingly light & clear. Not dead white but a creamy tone! Perhaps the heat & friction in these areas speeds the absorption of the mono. In any case, if all my skin goes this colour it would be great! These areas are also never exposed to sunlight so I'm sure that helped too.

ttee, are you showing any results from your mono use yet?

·
Registered
108 Posts
For the same reason- friction and heat- I have been avoiding wearing bras and panties while having creams on. I thought it could cause rashes, rashes are nightmares to me.
I'm glad to know that your skin is progressing very well with mono.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi guys! Many of you know that I've been using mono 20% for about 2 months now. It typically takes 4-6 months to begin seeing a result; some times longer depending upon the individual & how much colour they had to begin with. This morning, I began actually seeing results. I wanted to be really certain before posting so I double checked. The place where my legs meet my body in the front (bikini line where the bikini elastic sits) & the area beneath my breasts along where the bottom line of a bra sits had been exfoliating like crazy in the shower lately. The new skin being revealed is surprisingly light & clear. Not dead white but a creamy tone! Perhaps the heat & friction in these areas speeds the absorption of the mono. In any case, if all my skin goes this colour it would be great! These areas are also never exposed to sunlight so I'm sure that helped too.

ttee, are you showing any results from your mono use yet?
Congrats on seeing results but be careful because it sounds like you are not lightening evenly all around. You are also correct about the friction, not so sure about the heat though, I woud say perhaps its because these places barely get any exposure so of course they will lighten faster. But back to the fricton thing, be careful because, of course its gotta turn light before it starts to turn red, then if you gain an inch of weight, you will get immediate stretch marks because your skin is so thin from the chemicals and then it'll start to turn brown or darker eventually so be sure not to wear too much tight clothes. Pay attn to underneath your arms as well as your inner thigh...they are more prone to these things.....

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been thin all my life so weight gain is not a problem. My skin hasn't thinned at all so far because I do not use a formulation with a steroid in it. The RA has actually thickened it on my face & neck. Areas less exposed to the sun & areas with thinner skin show lightening sooner. Thick areas take longer. I expected this to be the case.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far, I haven't encountered this problem. I am not blotchy or patchy. Some areas always fade more readily than others depending upon how dark they were to begin with & how thick the skin is in these areas. If the thinner areas seem truly uneven with the darker, I intend to reduce use on the rapidly lightening areas & focus more on the darker ones until they catch up. So far, so good, though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Many people report excellent initial lightening with mono, but extreme skin disfigurement later on. I don't think prolonged usage of it is very safe, especially such a high concentration.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
20% is not high but I am watching my skin very carefully for anything troubling but so far, so good.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...at the lowest dosage. Some people need to use 20% 3x/day for 3 years to depig. They apply the thick cream (more of a paste) directly onto dry skin. Mine is applied to wet skin which dilutes it much more. Derms are listening to their patients' concerns about the lack of viscuosity of the mono cream (benoquin). TRying to rub it in 'neat' must be like trying to rub in chalky old toothpaste! No wonder these patients experience negative effects. They also have to use massive amts of the costly cream. Going through that 3x/day must be enormously difficult. Getting it evenly absorbed under those conditions would be near impossible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey ondine, I was wondering do you dilute your mono or just put it on straight from the tube? I'm about to order some my self. I was wondering do you have any before and after pictures? what kind of creamy tone are you getting? Sorry for all the questions but Im so curious.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kissdaski! It seems to have been a while since your last post. Where've you been hiding? I apply my mono straight from the tube BUT onto wet skin. It turns the thick pasty stuff into a creamy emulsion that I can spread evenly. I didn't specifically take 'before and after' shots because, as I've mentioned before, photos are seldo truly accurate. This avatar photo appears darker than I actually am. The colour is tough to describe: sort of a beige tone like weak tea or coffee. The thicker skinned areas will follow suit, but since there is an accumulation of pre-existing melanin rich skin, it'll take time to exfoliate away before the difference shows here. No need to aplologize for asking questions: that is what the forum is for!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks a bunch odnice! I didnt mean to be missing in action. I have just been searching for a new lightening cream. And of course it circles back to mono or hydroquinone. I'm going to try it...the mono way. I'll start now so when winter comes Ill be ready. How many tubes last for a month? How many times do you apply? Do you think it will make a difference that I live in a sunny and hot area while lightening with mono? I dont purposely stay in the sun but I have to be exposed. What you think? I use 100( or so it says) sunscreen already.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So far, I haven't encountered this problem. I am not blotchy or patchy. Some areas always fade more readily than others depending upon how dark they were to begin with & how thick the skin is in these areas. If the thinner areas seem truly uneven with the darker, I intend to reduce use on the rapidly lightening areas & focus more on the darker ones until they catch up. So far, so good, though.
I have this in mind too but I would feel 'bad' not using the product on the areas lightening faster but its all good. Guess we need to find a way to lighten thicker skin areas faster. I hoped the Texas 10%HQ would be a meantime option but prescription issues. So I really think compounding HQ fo ourselves would be a solution to many problems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
...at the lowest dosage. Some people need to use 20% 3x/day for 3 years to depig. They apply the thick cream (more of a paste) directly onto dry skin. Mine is applied to wet skin which dilutes it much more. Derms are listening to their patients' concerns about the lack of viscuosity of the mono cream (benoquin). TRying to rub it in 'neat' must be like trying to rub in chalky old toothpaste! No wonder these patients experience negative effects. They also have to use massive amts of the costly cream. Going through that 3x/day must be enormously difficult. Getting it evenly absorbed under those conditions would be near impossible.
Surely, Derms shouldn't be letting patients apply a chalky substance on the skin knowing it isn't readily spreadable!! I would expect them, in their capacity, to suggest otherwise.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks a bunch odnice! I didnt mean to be missing in action. I have just been searching for a new lightening cream. And of course it circles back to mono or hydroquinone. I'm going to try it...the mono way. I'll start now so when winter comes Ill be ready. How many tubes last for a month? How many times do you apply? Do you think it will make a difference that I live in a sunny and hot area while lightening with mono? I dont purposely stay in the sun but I have to be exposed. What you think? I use 100( or so it says) sunscreen already.
> 5 jars of Mono last her about a month
> she applies Mono am and pm; HQ & Retin A midday (Lucky her she's got time for midday application)

I think it will make a difference that you live in a suuny region but if you use a good sunblock (good suggestions here) and basically follow other useful tips you'll find here, you should be good.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The prescription issue is something new at the TX source. When I ordered, it was very simple. I paid, they shipped it. Plain & simple.

Lightening in a hot climate is always tougher. The sun is stronger & avoiding exposure is next to impossible. Using a good sunblock is essential-but you knew that already!

I'm also learning about compounding. I've spoken to a pharmacist at a compounding pharmacy & a friend who is a chemist. Unfortunately, seeing I'm in QC, TANNING is the area of interest! Getting info re lightening is hard to come by. This info is more accessible in China & India (& some mid east countries). I want to know more before trying this myself. I go through 4-5 containers of mono/month. I use it 2x/day in wet skin. I know that some people are using higher % ages more frequesntly to get faster & more extreme results, but I'd rather go more slowly & take a little longer to achieve results.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks gus for the advice. I went a head and ordered. Once I start using it and Isee the results arent coming through( due to the sunny weather) Ill wait until winter. I'll ley you guys know when it gets here and update you as I go. I plan to start applying it only at night. Then I'll work from there. Someone said I should start off using mono on my feet. Something about it travel though out the blood stream and will lighten area that I didnt put any cream on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.