Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to change one's skin undertone from a yellowish undertone (yellow hue) to a more reddish or white-ish undertone? I find it more desirable and I would like to achieve this undertone with lighter (paler, whiter) skin but I'm not sure if its possible and if so, how can it be done? (what products should be used)? Thanks a lot to everyone for their help

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Irritation can cause skin to have a pinkish red undertone
Well then I don't think I should continue to pursue what I want but I just had a question so suppose I lightened from brown to white and had yellow undertones to begin with, what would be an example of someone who I would look like after lightening? Because I don't understand how lightening the skin would not result in a changing of the undertone. (I'm new so I appreciate your time and help)

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Brown skin individuals usually have yellow undertones. Olive skin (think Mediterranean/Middle East/Italian) individuals have greenish yellow undertones and white-Caucasians have cool undertones such as pink, etc. I’m middle eastern- brown skin so I have yellow undertone that show when the weather is cooler out or I don’t go out in the sun as much. Beyoncé is a good example - when she tans, she is dark brown but when she lighten, she has a very yellowish caramel tone. If you ever see photos of her with pinkish skin, they are probably altered. Does what make sense? You’ll just appear bright and golden if you lighten brown skin.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brown skin individuals usually have yellow undertones. Olive skin (think Mediterranean/Middle East/Italian) individuals have greenish yellow undertones and white-Caucasians have cool undertones such as pink, etc. I’m middle eastern- brown skin so I have yellow undertone that show when the weather is cooler out or I don’t go out in the sun as much. Beyoncé is a good example - when she tans, she is dark brown but when she lighten, she has a very yellowish caramel tone. If you ever see photos of her with pinkish skin, they are probably altered. Does what make sense? You’ll just appear bright and golden if you lighten brown skin.
Thank you for that information. Does this mean that I cannot achieve a pale skin tone if I lighten? I'm pakistani so I have a skin tone more on the brown side, its kind of disappointing because I'm not very fond of the yellow undertone just personally I wish I could change it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can change your undertone with makeup
But that is just a temporary means, correct? I don't know how socially acceptable it is to wear make up as a guy so I would be interested in something that would result in a permanent changing of undertones if that was available. I appreciate your time and help.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would like a more golden undertone. Lightening makes your skin appear ghostly white and having a rich undertone counteracts that bleached out look. I feel like I look like a pale ashy brown and don't know how to conteract that.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I would like a more golden undertone. Lightening makes your skin appear ghostly white and having a rich undertone counteracts that bleached out look. I feel like I look like a pale ashy brown and don't know how to conteract that.
hey hun, vitamin c & beta corotene can help with that.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Is it possible to change one's skin undertone from a yellowish undertone (yellow hue) to a more reddish or white-ish undertone? I find it more desirable and I would like to achieve this undertone with lighter (paler, whiter) skin but I'm not sure if its possible and if so, how can it be done? (what products should be used)? Thanks a lot to everyone for their help
There is one black soap and one pill that can give you a pink undertone it needs like 2weeks to get it (not a permanant result). It is one injection that can give you a redish undertone very quick. I let you make your own researches.

If you decide to try a astaxanthin, i strongly advice you to check what are its side effects, especially if you are a men.

The pygnogenol can give you a neutral undertone. Check its side-effects first of all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts