Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

So about a year or two ago, I started noticing a line along each of my upper cheeks. I'm not sure what this is. I can only describe it as kind of puffy or loose skin. It kind of looks like the attached picture.

You can see a shadow under each of his upper cheeks. This is almost exactly what I have. But his are probably caused by scars from taking too many punches (he's an MMA fighter) while mine certainly aren't.

I'm just curious as to what this is and what I can do about it. You can't really tell you have it unless there's a light above you (i.e. anytime during the day).

Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
This is normally caused by aging and the only way to get rid of them completely is plastic surgery. I have also heard good things about facial exercise (but I doubt it would completely get rid of this as facial exercise is more of a preventative measure). Dr. Oz says that these occur because as we age, gravity has an effect on us, causing the tissue, etc. that is behind the eyes to fall down and cause a bulging/bag appearance.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Could be fluid accumulation. What is your salt and junk food intake like? How's your kidney function? Do you overdo the alcohol intake? LOL - not good for the skin! You can be a party animal but you will look like one too!

Facial exercise and massage would strengthen the underlying tissue to support the skin so that it doesn't hang in folds. Massage can help with release of fluid by stimulating the lymphatic flow. Give it a try - you really have nothing to lose at this point.

Vanners, exercise is preventive AND helps undo sag even after it occurs! Sometimes that's when ppl get on board with it - once they see the loss of volume and skin sag! It's never too late to do something about it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to admit my diet isn't the greatest. A lot of junk food and not enough of the good stuff. Not a lot of alcohol but here and there I do drink to the excess

I really hope this isn't an aging problem, I'm only in my early 20s!

Thanks for the advice guys. Going to try the facial exercises and see if it works. Any idea how long it might take till I see the effects?

Further advice is always welcome

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
James
OK You might just need some fine tuning here then if you are only 20!!

Google "lymphatic drainage" and get started with the face. See if a couple weeks of that doesn't eliminate that puffiness. Keep doing it if you see the puff sneaking up again. Plus it feels good. Do it for your girlfriend too, she will love you.

Sleep on your back and don't smush your face into that pillow. Yes I see you doing that there.

Stop that junk food habit and eat some good food for a change! Beer will make you fat and look like a slob. Drink red wine- at least it has some health benefits: resveratol!

Drink loads of fresh pure water to flush the gunk out of your system as you clean up your diet!!

Aren't you sorry you asked now!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Further advice is always welcome
Further advice is always welcome.........are you sure about that?

cut back on the alcohol james!! Drinking a little is one thing but excessive is another. Your liver and kidneys are probably puffy too-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts