Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please give me any advice that you think might help. So I’ve had very dark knees since forever and I have decided to use a glycolic acid (70%) and now my knee looks like below. Also, it looks a lot worse in person, more red and blotchy.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Apply neosporin on the pink/sensitive areas. Apply it daily until its no longer pink/sensitive. Then keep things moisturized. Things will get better in a few days. Don't ever use 70% GA without diluting it. Its an acid, and that's what it does is burn........research before applying acids on your skin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apply neosporin on the pink/sensitive areas. Apply it daily until its no longer pink/sensitive. Then keep things moisturized. Things will get better in a few days. Don't ever use 70% GA without diluting it. Its an acid, and that's what it does is burn........research before applying acids on your skin.
Thank you so much, I’ve learnt my lesson now and I’m not ever going to touch acids again. Also do you think my skin would ever return to normal or close enough to normal?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Thank you so much, I’ve learnt my lesson now and I’m not ever going to touch acids again. Also do you think my skin would ever return to normal or close enough to normal?
Yes it will, in time, but its more important that it heals properly, be sure you get neosporin or another antibiotic ointment and apply it daily to the area. This will help it heal and get back to normal quickly.

Don't be afraid of acids, they do work.......when used correctly ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it will, in time, but its more important that it heals properly, be sure you get neosporin or another antibiotic ointment and apply it daily to the area. This will help it heal and get back to normal quickly.

Don't be afraid of acids, they do work.......when used correctly ;)
Thanks a lot GymRat! You’re a life saver!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts