Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
A good chemical free one?
Devita.net makes a good one with zinc oxide and no chemical sunscreens. It's nice and moisturizing without being greasy or shiny. I buy the Body Block since it's the same formula as the Facial one but in a bottle instead of a jar and more for your money.
HTH

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Welcome Katiekat!

Fawnie, I can't wait to try Devita sunscreen, I called a store in Toronto, (the only one store in Canada who provide it, unless someone else knows another one?) and only have for the face, and told me the body one should be here in about 2 weeks and it's been more than 2 weeks and I did not hear from them yet, I have to give them a call and find out!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The facial formula is really the same as the body formula but it is in a jar that you have to dip your fingers into, so the body formula in the bottle is more hygienic. Also you get more in the bottle.

ZinClear is another no-chemical ss that is getting good reviews, but it has a lot of oils and is really for drier skin it looks like:

All Natural Sun Protection with ZinClear - New All Natural Sun Protection with ZinClear - Blocks 97% Of Both U...*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow I guess everyone on here must either be rich or just spends money and gets themselves into debt, another one I couldn't possibly afford, is there nothing for people who can't afford expensive creams, lotions and potions? Even the stuff that's recommended to diy is expensive!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Tegan,
What are you looking for and we can try to find less expensive alternatives? My thinking is that you waste money on junk trying to find what works - I'm just posting what worked best for me after a lot of trial and error. Not trying to break the bank!! I know we all are trying to economize...me too.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Wow I guess everyone on here must either be rich or just spends money and gets themselves into debt, another one I couldn't possibly afford, is there nothing for people who can't afford expensive creams, lotions and potions? Even the stuff that's recommended to diy is expensive!
To help put this in perspective, let me just say that my food bill is next to nothing! But who cares? Who has time to eat when there are so many DIY projects underway!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
And akshully....this one is a pretty good bargain. 400ml for $52USD. Lots cheaper than the little tubes! This is not a chemical-free sunscreen, but it is oil-free, as researched by Peri.

French Cosmetics for Less-Product Details

Depends how much you want to pay for protection. You pay it up front or you pay it later trying to undo the damage, is my theory. But what do I know.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Depends how much you want to pay for protection. You pay it up front or you pay it later trying to undo the damage, is my theory. But what do I know.
Watch out! Someone here will call you "snippy" - like they did to me last week!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
And akshully....this one is a pretty good bargain. 400ml for $52USD. Lots cheaper than the little tubes! This is not a chemical-free sunscreen, but it is oil-free, as researched by Peri.

French Cosmetics for Less-Product Details

Very true Fawnie. After sun avoidance/proper clothing, a proper sunscreen is your #1 anti-aging product. Period. End of discussion. Get my point???

I'm a real detective when it comes to saving loads of cash on skin care.
Pennies a day vitamin C serum (DIY)
Pennies a day antioxidant serum (DIY)
Around $5 and change per tube of retin-a (treitinoin)....that includes shipping
The sunscreen above is the cheapest per ml of any I've seen with both Tinosorbs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Actually I just tend to use inexpensive sunscreens and basically avoid the sun as much as possible, and considering where I live England, that's not too difficult. I wasn't trying to rude but it does seem really expensive.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You're fine tegan!
There ARE less expensive chemical-free SS but they all seem to be white-ish, like Blue Lizard Sensitive. The more expensive-seeming ones go on clear and aren't greasy or heavy. It's probably the research and development we are paying for here! They are nice though!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Actually I just tend to use inexpensive sunscreens and basically avoid the sun as much as possible, and considering where I live England, that's not too difficult. I wasn't trying to rude but it does seem really expensive.
Hey, you don't need to explain tegan, I totally understand.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
I need to do research but I think I read where drinking Green Tea is a natural sunscreen? Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I need to do research but I think I read where drinking Green Tea is a natural sunscreen? Does anyone know anything about this?
If it is, it would give very little protection. From what I've read, applying it topically would offer more protection.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts