Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I purchased a peeling oil from Instagram, after the 3rd day this is the outcome of my hand I know this is normal when its starting to peel but the pain im feeling in both my hands are unbearable, I barely can move my fingers and when I do it hurts really bad. I did apply the oil using my hands for the rest of my body but its just my hands that is painful and I'm concern because I've felt ill through out the day. My palm feels so rough, I've been moisturizing through out the day but no help.. Iv never experienced such before using any kind of chemical peel. At this point I dont know what to do my hands are hurting and I'm left with wrinkly hands . Thank you 20210127_202311.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
@Fatou123 whats the name of the peel? Hmmh well i would say depending how deep and strong the peel is, this is normal.. it should get back so smooth skin withon 1 week and few days.. but the pain is not normal :/ itchy would be normal... but not pain... if u still feel the pain u should see a doc... u also could have bought a fake peel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@mccartney thank you for your response. The oil has no name its just called peeling oil but the the ingredients are salicylic ,glycolic and lactic acid. I started to panic bc I never experienced such with a peel 🙃 the texture of my hand is really rough ad hard I'm not sure if that is normal but the pain is definitely not normal. Do I just continue to moisturise?

·
Registered
256 Posts
@mccartney thank you for your response. The oil has no name its just called peeling oil but the the ingredients are salicylic ,glycolic and lactic acid. I started to panic bc I never experienced such with a peel 🙃 the texture of my hand is really rough ad hard I'm not sure if that is normal but the pain is definitely not normal. Do I just continue to moisturise?
You’re missing an ingredient. There’s a TCA in there as well. It’s the strongest of peels so you definitely have to make sure to baby your skin.
Edit:

This is it right?Deep Body Peeling Lotion

On the website it says TCA lactic and glycolic acid.
It also says to avoid the knuckle area with this... I saw a YouTuber have great results with this. I hope you find some resolution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You’re missing an ingredient. There’s a TCA in there as well. It’s the strongest of peels so you definitely have to make sure to baby your skin.
Edit:

This is it right?Deep Body Peeling Lotion

On the website it says TCA lactic and glycolic acid.
It also says to avoid the knuckle area with this... I saw a YouTuber have great results with this. I hope you find some resolution.
@TheSkinImin no this is not the one, I used the lotion last year and it did nothing which y I decided to use the oil this time. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
256 Posts
@TheSkinImin no this is not the one, I used the lotion last year and it did nothing which y I decided to use the oil this time. Thanks for your help
Is it from the same brand though? You having pain is definitely concerning.

Also if you have any apply almond oil. Almond oil is great for soothing skin and it will help remove the old skin.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Stop everything for the next one month. Absolutely everything. The moisturizer might not be helping depending on it’s content. Aquaphor/ Cerave ointment should be your best friends right now. Make sure your hands are never dry. You will be ok.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I checked the website out and in the description for all the peeling products it says in big black bold letters “ WE DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY OF OUR PEELING PRODUCTS FOR THE KNUCKLES!! WE HAVE A KNUCKLE CREAM FOR THAT PURPOSE!!”

How did you not see that dear? But it’s ok , we are here to help. Definitely get some some almond oil or Jojoba oil

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Also Next time wear gloves when you use it, or else your palms will peel which is unnecessary

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hello, I purchased a peeling oil from Instagram, after the 3rd day this is the outcome of my hand I know this is normal when its starting to peel but the pain im feeling in both my hands are unbearable, I barely can move my fingers and when I do it hurts really bad. I did apply the oil using my hands for the rest of my body but its just my hands that is painful and I'm concern because I've felt ill through out the day. My palm feels so rough, I've been moisturizing through out the day but no help.. Iv never experienced such before using any kind of chemical peel. At this point I dont know what to do my hands are hurting and I'm left with wrinkly hands . Thank you View attachment 66716
Hi there! Just wanted to let you know, this is exactly how chemical peels are supposed to work. I'd even say that product did an absolutely fantastic job!!!!! Keep using your oils or creams and you'll be surprised at how beautiful it would turn out in a few days. Reminds me of the days when I used to do TCA peels. I looked like frankenstein but boy did it pay off eventually!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts