Skin Care Talk banner

Chemical SS not on bare skin?

5K views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  Buzzfill 
G
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone could throw a little light on my SS query for me? My current go-to SS is Bioderma Photospot SPF 50. After years of experimenting with physical screens (Devita, Marie Veronique, Pratima, Burnout etc etc!) I find this the most cosmetically elegant and least bothersome to my argumentative skin. Plus I'm loving the profile of the Tinsorbs. I usually only apply once per day due to the fact I hardly go out for more than a couple of hours and have UV filters on my few windows at home (I sound like a massive hermit don't I!) Of course, when receiving more sun exposure, I am more attentive. I also go quite nuts with the antioxidants to ensure any pesky free rads get mopped up should they sneak through. Anyways, I'm rambling!...

My question is: All the literature I have read suggests chemical SS should be applied to bare skin for the best results and I am concerned that the use of any products applied underneath will block its efficiency. What is everyone's take on this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.