Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My mum recently had a good face treatment at a spa and they suggested her to use the product used by the institute, Matis, for her dark spots problem on her cheeks.
The beautician told me that she needed Matis whitening cream and to order it with them. Since the beautician applied some of this Matis product on her face and that my mom was glad about the immediate visible effect, she asked me to order it for her.

Now, i have also seen this ad of Pharmaclinix Lightenex for asian skin. (we are of asian type skin).

I wanted to know what you would suggest if you've used any of them.
of course, i am supposing that Matis is a much better quality and reliable (tested for reactions, allegies etc) than Pharmaclinix.

Im also thinking to use it as well, for some uneven skin tones and under-eye dark circles.

What's your opinion?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good that you're looking out for your mother.

Matis is a popular brand available here at many spas & estheticians here too. I am familiar with their products. The 'instant effect' is a combination of emmollients & 'light reflectors' (like in the Aveeno brightening day cream) which gives the illusion that freckles & agespots & small imperfections have faded. The Matis also contains a very mild lightening agent. The other brand is one I'm unfamiliar with. Personally, I only buy generics with concentrated active ingredients: I don't need to see a braand name, a fancy jar & pay for ther flashy displays.

Some people are only comfortable with well-known brand names. If your mother is like this, please redirect her to SHISEIDO. they make some of the best lighteners for Asian skin in the world. There's another brand called Uoko (sp?) who make very effective (for Asians) lighteners. Matis is designed by tested on & suited best to Caucasian skin. Shiseido's whiteners do not 'fool' the client with 'light reflectors' that create an illusion: they take time to work on the age spots etc, BUT will give her that emollient effect she liked. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

Matis is a popular brand available here at many spas & estheticians here too. I am familiar with their products. The 'instant effect' is a combination of emmollients & 'light reflectors' (like in the Aveeno brightening day cream) which gives the illusion that freckles & agespots & small imperfections have faded. The Matis also contains a very mild lightening agent. The other brand is one I'm unfamiliar with. Personally, I only buy generics with concentrated active ingredients: I don't need to see a braand name, a fancy jar & pay for ther flashy displays.

Some people are only comfortable with well-known brand names. If your mother is like this, please redirect her to SHISEIDO. they make some of the best lighteners for Asian skin in the world. There's another brand called Uoko (sp?) who make very effective (for Asians) lighteners. Matis is designed by tested on & suited best to Caucasian skin. Shiseido's whiteners do not 'fool' the client with 'light reflectors' that create an illusion: they take time to work on the age spots etc, BUT will give her that emollient effect she liked. I hope this helps.
Hi Ondine,

Thanks for such an informative post. I've uneven skintone and some freckles on my cheeks and nose which I want to fade. I have never used shiseido products. Can you please recomend a product to get rid of freckles and evening skintone from this brand as I am asian too.

I also have seen the brand pharmaclinix on a tv add and was quite tempted to buy but I want to get reviews from people who have tried them first as it is expensive.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

·
Registered
394 Posts

NO, no forget about euoko, i tried all their lines for lightening, waste of money, it doesn't work and its irritant. My face bursted out in rashes, i called the company cuz i wasn't getting light and they told me it takes about 6 months to work, i saw nothing after 6months and lots of money down the drain. It's overpriced and ineffective IMO. Don't know much about Shiseido though

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the Euoko experience you shared, ttee. So true that nothing works for everyone. I know somwonw who loves the stuff.

pumi, the RetinA/HQ4% combo is, IMO, better by 100% than anything Shiseido makes. I suggested them for sheen's mother because she seems to really prefer a brand name. Many older people who grew up in the days before non-name-brand products even existed distrust anything generic. My mother is a bit like this. She still used those awful cardboard cans of COMET to clean her bathroom! I use an all natural generic. Cheap but good.

SHISEIDO's White Lucent does not just mask with light reflectors. I believe the active ingredient is either Sepi-white or Arbutin or Kojic. It is one of the three or a combination of these. Sorry I don't know more about them. Asian skin, while sometimes very fair is NOT the same as Caucasian skin. Products designed for Asians in Asia have been tested for effectiveness of the types of skin Asians have. Products designed & tested in Paris or Switzerland are best left to the French & the Swiss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello ladies,

Thank you so much for all the helpful replies. I will have a check on Shiseido. I knwo the brand (ot having used it) but seen the ads and check ed them out in duty free shopping in airports a few time.

I've spoken to my mom and I think we'll settle for Matis rather than Lightenex of Pharmaclinix. Or maybe Shiseido if I get some positive opinion and price comparison.

But Ondine, please let me know what "natural generic. Cheap but good." do you use? If not the exact one, maybe I can find in this type-of range here.

I'll give some feedback on the results later...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
My cleansers (for the home NOT the skin) are made by a local company out of Quebec called Attitude. Everything they make is natural & biodegradable & inoffensive to the envt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Shiseido's White Lucent Line is indeed a speedy skin tone lightening range which I witnessed the magic it worked on my Niece. They have another more expensive and newer Revital whitening range but am not too sure about how effective these are though.

I do believed Shiseido does produced great whitening product as they are one of the first in the market to sell such product before the rage that nearly all other brands had jump onto the wagon to cash on the trend though.

Just a word worth mentioning, Whitening skincare could only brighten up the complexion but for stubborn pigmentation, freckles, etc, I would advice you to seek treatment from a qualified Dermatologist as the controlled clinical range has higher percentage of concerntrations effective ingredients as compared to the OTC (over the counter) range you could easily purchase from Pharmacies or Beauty Spas, etc. The money will be well spent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts