Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Italy, what a briiliant site!I've already ordered all the ingredients for Kassy's Vitamin C, serum. I have always loved my creams and potions and thought that I was quite knowledgeable...until I discovered this site...I know nothing! I don't think that I will be able to add much. The last wow moment that I had skincare wise was several years ago with a South African product called Environ which I used for pigmentation problems but also noticed that it not only got rid of that problem but my skin glowed. Since then I've been round the houses so to speak from Revive to Roc but haven't had that wow moment since...have to say that I feel one coming on with this Vit serum and all the other goodies that you guys have mentioned...thanks everyone

PS I was reading the make up section on foundations...I have just tried a sample of Lancome Photogenic Luminesence and it is fab. I like a glowy look to my foundation but not greasy and it is lovely. I currently use Chanel Vitalumiere which is very nice but not a patch on the Lancome which I used with the Chanel Le Blanc underneath. My friend tried it too and she's got oily skin as opposed to me..normal/comb and we both loved it....btw she's using th Skinceuticals Vit C E and Ferulic with 2 Phyto products and she's raving...I'm hoping to covert her to Kassy's version when I've got my hands on it and used it for awhile..

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Welcome welcome!!

You will get your friend to convert as soon as she see's how much $ you are saving compared to her!!
It really is a great thing. By far, my Vit C is my favorite.

As far as foundation goes. I am using the Dior Nude, I love it. Not too greasy and has great coverage. Fawnie here was using another Dior foundation, I might give that a try and see which I like better. Finding a good foundation is tough to come by. You would think it would be easy having the millions to choose from. But not so. I have never used Chanel foundation. I do use some of their lip glosses and liners. And their perfume is one of my FAVORITES of all- Mademoiselle !!

Good luck with the Vit C serum and let us know if you have questions or need help with it-

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome.I do have one quick question, can you use the Vit C serum on your nose and if so will it help with open pores/blackheads?How about around the eye area?

As for foundations, know exactly what you mean about finding the right one. I also read somewhere that Prescriptives have bought back one of their discontinued foundations, ...Photochrome... beauty editors favourite supposedly...I haven't yet tried it but the blurp goes like this" Photochrome Makeup contains "smart" photochromatic pigments that create long wearing, natural look in any light by diffusing glare. Softens the look of lines and wrinkles and minimizes the appearance of pores" The coverage is medium to full, and apparently not matte or glowy...I still think I'm going to go for the Lancome one but I definitely want to try it...can't bear the thought that I might be missing out on something better!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Thanks for the welcome.I do have one quick question, can you use the Vit C serum on your nose and if so will it help with open pores/blackheads?How about around the eye area?

As for foundations, know exactly what you mean about finding the right one. I also read somewhere that Prescriptives have bought back one of their discontinued foundations, ...Photochrome... beauty editors favourite supposedly...I haven't yet tried it but the blurp goes like this" Photochrome Makeup contains "smart" photochromatic pigments that create long wearing, natural look in any light by diffusing glare. Softens the look of lines and wrinkles and minimizes the appearance of pores" The coverage is medium to full, and apparently not matte or glowy...I still think I'm going to go for the Lancome one but I definitely want to try it...can't bear the thought that I might be missing out on something better!
Yep, I use my Vit C all over my face!! No problem.

And I am the same way, always thinking I might be missing out on something better. This is why my bathroom is completely full with stuff!!! I am a true product junkie-

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just want to make sure that I've got this correct...around the eyes..I take it that you mean underneath only...it's just that I think that I read here somewhere that it made someones wrinkles around the eyes worse...my stuff hasn't even arrived yet!!...just want to be ready to go when it does!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Yes under my eyes.

I have also gotten some on my lids, by accident, and it didn't have any effect on them. I just normally keep products away from my eye lids as this is a very sensitive area for most of us.

Good luck to you when your goodies do arrive-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts