Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I recently bought this brandof HQ 4%. It is much more potent than the other one I was using (because i feel a little irritation rather than none). Anyone ever heard of Clasifel?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Clasifel is just another 4% HQ cream. Feeling irritation is NOT evidence of increased effectiveness, It is more of a sign that yr skin doesn't like something (other than the HQ4% that you've tolerated well in other formulations) in the cream or gel. Unless it contains other actives like RA & dexamethosone, it'll prove no more effective than the generic. Why use something that irritates your skin (& costs more?).

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I actually got this free lol. My grandmother has some age spots and i went there this weekend. She got a few from her derm and there was like 2 left, i asked her and she gave me
But i dunno, its weird; i dont feel irritation with other brands. On the package i don't see any ingredients out of the usual. I'll post a list of them in a while. I have a half-used tube of my Trinbrite 4% so i just mix them until the Trinbrite finishes. (P.S.: the clasifel irriates whether i mix it or not). But in terms of cost it's definitely WAY more expensive, but it is a 40g Tube and will last quite awhile. But i'll keep you posted on whether it makes any BIG difference.

OH! BTW: I found all the products I need locally, took some digging up, but I thought it might help some people if i post the general cost of my regime monthly:

1) Hydroquinone 4% - $3.30 x 2 = $6.60
2) Retin-A (0.1% creambase) = $19.74
TOTAL = $26.34 US <<<,MONTHLY
Thats my essentials but I also use:

St. Ives Apricot Scrub (lasts about 1.5 months) = $10.62
Neutrogena SunScreen with Memorxyl (Lasts 2-2.5 Months) = $10.22

And that's about it, I also use some other products now and then but those are things just lying about the house. The entire budget is $47.18US (i.e. 1 month HQ/RA & Apricot Srub & Sunscreen).
Hope this helps someone

·
Registered
670 Posts
I pay, like, $4 for my Apricot Scrub.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I didnt know Neutrogena made suncreens with Mexoryl? Reyaz do you live in like an alternate universe where brands like Dove, Neutrogena and others use state of the art sunblock technology LOL? Cus is remember u mentioned Dove had mexoryl too and nobody can find that product online.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt know Neutrogena made suncreens with Mexoryl? Reyaz do you live in like an alternate universe where brands like Dove, Neutrogena and others use state of the art sunblock technology LOL? Cus is remember u mentioned Dove had mexoryl too and nobody can find that product online.
HahahahahahahahA LOL. Well i mite as well be. Yup there are two brands actually, one purple and one blue bottle. As for the Dove, I believe it's been discontinued, but I still got ALOT left.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am in the US. I use Athelios, which I began purchasing a few years ago from an online Canadian pharmacy, which contains Mexoryl. It was my understanding at that time that Mexoryl was not available in the U.S., and the US did not have a similar product to block both UVA and UVB rays.

More recently, Neutrogena answered the call with Helioplex, a formulation (not mexoryl) approved by the FDA to block UVA and UVB rays.

Still, I realize that these companies operate by local regs. of the country in which they are producing the product.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
ah that makes sense, its like the mcdonald's effect, localizing to fit international regs. reyaz, where did u say u live? trinidad right? Crescent moon, you migth want to try Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive Ulta spf 50+ with mexoryl SX, and XL and a hydration complex with Vitamin E. It sells for 7.93 USD 6 and a litte more ounces lasts two months and is non greasy and no white sheen - I was always looking for a sunscreen that has all of these with a low price and no shine/white cast and thankfully peri referred me to this, works like a charm and costs way less than the 50+ dollars I was paying monthly for La Roche Anthelios. NEW Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive Ultra SPF50+ - eBay (item 370221130039 end time Sep-24-09 12:35:49 PDT)

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
208 Posts
ah that makes sense, its like the mcdonald's effect, localizing to fit international regs. reyaz, where did u say u live? trinidad right? Crescent moon, you migth want to try Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive Ulta spf 50+ with mexoryl SX, and XL and a hydration complex with Vitamin E. It sells for 7.93 USD 6 and a litte more ounces lasts two months and is non greasy and no white sheen - I was always looking for a sunscreen that has all of these with a low price and no shine/white cast and thankfully peri referred me to this, works like a charm and costs way less than the 50+ dollars I was paying monthly for La Roche Anthelios. NEW Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive Ultra SPF50+ - eBay (item 370221130039 end time Sep-24-09 12:35:49 PDT)
Wow, LNL Thanks for the information. Athelios is quite expensive, and yes it has that white pastey sheen, which I minimize with make-up. I have also noticed that regular exfoliation seems to help it's absorption. Heliocare is another story. My first bottle was about 60 USD. The price has fallen dramatically since that time. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The Neutrogena 60 spf with Helioplex has been great for me this summer. It sprays on (I spray into my palm & then apply) & leaves no greasy residue & no weird blue sheen. I pay betw 10-14$ for it (depends if I catch a sale).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes herd of it used it , it was wonderful for me ,, i had some insect bite spots on my skin that just would not go away ,, my sis works with a doctor and she gave me a few free tubes ,, after using it for the first month i realized that not only did the spots go away the were staying away as well ,, but i am living in Jamaica and they have banned the use of any creme that is used to lighten the skin most people here tend to wanna bleach their skin out ,, that has been very bad for me becoz now its not coming in the country any at all ,, so well all suffer even those of us who were not planning on using it all over their body ....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts