1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie.

Need a little help. I am almost THERE!

Steps AM
#1 Cleanse (any good diy cleanser recipes for um, mature skins?)
#2 Toner (is it necessary? does it really close pores, prep skin, restore ph?)
#3 Moisturize - with ??? any good diy for moisturizing?
#4 Serums - or is this also #3? Or can serums go on top of #3?
#5 Sunscreen - hats, etc

Where/when do the oils fit in? The Palm/Coconut pressed with almond oil, shea butter and/or palm oil. Does this go on after #3 or on top of VIT C serum?

Where would an anti-oxidant Booster be applied? Or something a little more intense for lines: base cream, argereline, matrixyl 3000, HA, wheat protein and Idebenone recipe??

How many products can be layered that won't upset the results of the Vit C + Ferulic Acid serum?

Oh and then there is PM! Can PM cleanser be the same as AM? Can you apply glycolics, aha/bha products? My evening cleanser is: MD Formulations Facial Cleanser 12% Glycolic Compound. Then I retinA it.
Should I do more? Or am I just doing too much?

Masks. Night? Day?

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Well. Everyone is different. What I do is less is best in the AM. I cleanse, then Vit C, wait 30 mins, then instead of moisturizing I apply a sunscreen. And if I need a little extra, I will apply an eye cream, but not always.

At night, use the same cleanser, not really necessary to have two. Then tone, if you need too. I apply RA wait my time, then I will use my eye cream, then a light moisturizer, or just straight jojoba. I do not use my RA/GC everynight, so on off nights I use a different kind of serum. With either jojoba after or nothing at all.

I use a AHA/BHA once a week. You could definately use an antioxidant booster or any other kind of serum at night, or apply it after your Vit C in the AM, before you sunscreen. Or wait and use it a night after your RA or on nights you don't use RA.

I really change up my routine, but for the most part this is how it is. I use facial oils when I feel I need too.

Hope that helps you a little.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes gymrat that helps ALOT. I tend to overdo things. With me, if some helps then use more. Which is not always good with skin.

Thanks so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts