Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I've just joined, so hope you can help me out.

I'm looking to find an alternative to the skin care products that I'm currently using, but don't know what's good and what isn't.

I've been using Clinique for the last three months. I have an oily t-zone, but everywhere else on my face is pretty normal. I specifically wanted a routine that could target the pores on my nose as they are quite large and visible.

Although the Clinique products I use do leave my face feeling lovely and soft, it doesn't really do much for the pores on my nose, which is really wanted I wanted it for in the first place!

The products I currently use are:

- Liquid Face Wash Extra Strength
- Scruffing Lotion 2.5
- M gel lotion (important that the moisturiser is oil-free for my t-zone!)

Does anybody have any suggestions for good alternatives that would work well for general skin care, but also work better than the Clinique on my nose pores?

Thank you for reading!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used to use Clinique- its a great brand and I liked it as it was pared down and didn't have too many man-made additives with usualy make me worry. (I worry they make my skin reliant on their ingredients, or cause long term problems- could just be being a hyperchondriac but its something that concerns me).

I get bored easily so have tried Origins which seems to work well- they do a daily microdermabrasion which is great and kept my dry white patches at bay!

Dermalogica also works well for me- I don't have oily skin, infact I have a dry t-zone! Everywhere else is normal (v.odd!). They do have products for all skin tones and are well liked.

Khiel's is also a good brand- though on the pricey side! They are my new favorites! But not tried their range in full yet- just have tried a few things and they seem to work well. Natural style and very full range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used to use Clinique- its a great brand and I liked it as it was pared down and didn't have too many man-made additives with usualy make me worry. (I worry they make my skin reliant on their ingredients, or cause long term problems- could just be being a hyperchondriac but its something that concerns me).

I get bored easily so have tried Origins which seems to work well- they do a daily microdermabrasion which is great and kept my dry white patches at bay!

Dermalogica also works well for me- I don't have oily skin, infact I have a dry t-zone! Everywhere else is normal (v.odd!). They do have products for all skin tones and are well liked.

Khiel's is also a good brand- though on the pricey side! They are my new favorites! But not tried their range in full yet- just have tried a few things and they seem to work well. Natural style and very full range.
wow... seems like you have tried out lots of products...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have tried a lot of products to over the years, i am 38 though, and i think it is just what you do isent it? you change and develop what you use, and what you are looking for changes to as you get older. I have never used Clinique, however, my husbands aunt, who was recently 60, has used nothing else for many years, and she looks amazing! she uses the 3 step system, and all thier make up ect to. Clarins is a brand you might shift to from Clinique i suppose, my boss swears by it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies! I was looking around in the shops yesterday but didn't come away with anything. One of the reasons I wanted to change from Clinique is because the woman said the products she sold me was 3 months' worth of products, but lasted only 6 weeks and at £50 a time, it's a bit steep!

I went to the extreme and tried the cheapest products (I'd seen a programme saying they don't actually work any less than the expensive brands, it's all "in your head") and bought £2 Nivea products, but can tell you that they're crap. The moisturiser feels really heavy and like you need to have a wash again once you've used it. I wasn't impressed.

Seems I might just have to untie the purse strings and pay a decent amount if I want a good product. Thanks for all the suggestions

·
Registered
4 Posts
Summerboy,
If you are looking for dept store brands I really think you should try Bobbi Brown. The key to temporarily reducing the follicle size is probably a glycolic/retinol product to help with exfoliation and then I would be sure to use a better moisturizer to calm down the oil production. My DH has huge pores on his nose and I bought him that Clinique pore minimizer once and it doesn nothing. The trick is to let the oil production calm down by making sure you are adequately moisturized. That yellow moisturizer from Clinique never gave me enough with my combination/dry skin and I hated the idea of putting dyes and perfume on my face.
Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alpha H is quite good at reducing pore size and refining. I use Liquid Gold, or white Gold regularly..they do a milder form, liquid harmony which can be used every day too, i really find these products help, but in the long term, with regular use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts