Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post photos of your uneven skin colors and/or any progress (or Before and Afters if you've won the battle.
)

I've been working on my mine since the beginning of August but will be surprised if I get eventoned before February.

My facial mask and neck have faded & are moving closer to my base color (see chest area in photos) but I guess my hands & arms are stubbornly waiting on the new products I've ordered. They're not very responsive, even with the addition of Likas Papaya soap masks, scrubbing and 35%glys.

These photos are from yesterday -

with flash off

I realize that this is the result of years of neglect & that it won't be cured overnight. It does feel a bit daunting at times. My husband doesn't get it. He picked up an old photo of us( with my full-on summer scorch tan in effect) the other night and said that I looked 'very pretty like that.'

I've
until I'm blue like a Smurf/Schtroumpf explaining to him that I'm evening myself out and not trying to get essentially lighter or 'bleach' in the traditional sense. ..Part of me is like 'and so what if I were?' lol. Beyond health concerns, it shouldn't matter that much IMO.

I actually had to pull out childhood photos to explain and give him some perspective. Not to mention he's like at least 5 different colors himself! When I get my act together there'll be one less here like this

Moving back to skin, I don't want a too-light floating moon face so I think I stop the lighteners on this area for a while.

I'm going to focus on my outer arms, back of hands and back of neck next.

I've also posted other progress pics & my regimen info in the thread below.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/melasma/...questions.html

Please share your pictures even if areas are cropped or blocked for privacy. I find it really encouraging to see other people's photos like Jose, tripod's etc.

I think documentation may help keep one on course while hopefully inspiring others.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...

anyone else care to add their pics please?? anyone?.. anyone?

Bueller?

·
Registered
256 Posts
yours uneven skin tone is not as noticeable, well at least to me. but when i compare my uneven skin tone, it's like i borrowed someone's body parts. a big difference, if i get the time i will show you what i mean!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, please post prettlight81! My mismatch seems more striking IRL than my pix for some reason. OTOH, I have been chipping away at my arms lately. My 50% gly arrived yesterday too! It's on!

This forum is bereft of photos.

I'd imagine more pictures would help members like LNL and Ondine to give advice too.

Just crop or cover areas for privacy/anonymity.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some more Befores

1.Top Left(w/flash) - during last pregnancy...you can see how dark my neck area is

2. Top Right(can't remember) - the neck again..head a bit darker than body there

3. Center Left(w/flash) - I was in the hospital after giving birth so forgive my look heinous but you can see the melasma + tan in full effect on my forehead esp)

4. Center Right(flash?) - wedding pic, i knew i was cute dark and lovely..lol

5. Bottom Left (w/flash)- one of my fall-winter fade outs, another nice mismatch..ha!

6. Bottom Right(w/flash) -That year I remembered to sun most of my decolletage too so not too bad?

a few Durings (Not-Quite-Afters) taken this week

left side pix are taken without flash, right side with flash

Photos taken during daytime indoors (around 1:00pm)

From now on, I'll take all photos in this room close to this time of day.

I'm currently working mainly on my arms and back of neck.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow what a difference what is your regimen! my arms are about the color or your face in the last two pics! not the second set though!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow what a difference what is your regimen! my arms are about the color or your face in the last two pics! not the second set though!
Thanks! Ok,

Protection

Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

and hats

I just rec'd my Anthelios 60 Melt-in..it's less chalky than the Neutrogena

for brightening of face and neck until last week (it's arm time):

Fair and Flawless Soho Lightening Parfait

Othine
HQ 3 % cream

cleansers:

Fair and Flawless Resurfacing Cleanser
(gentle scrub..awesome)

Dove sensitive fragrance free soap

Likas Papaya Soap

Random extra:

Glycolic 35% Peels 1-2x a week depending on how skin feels

• So for AM: I wash with one of my cleansers, pat or let air dry, then apply F & F or Othine to my face and neck...applied my sunscreen about 30 min before going out during the day.
  • PM: same minus the sunscreen
  • Once or twice a week perform 35% glycolic peel on face and neck

I'm now trying a similar routine on my arms. Sometimes I'll sneak in a midday wash and Othine if I have time.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also want to add that I started my some of my sun protection aspect this spring/summer. I wore hats and sunscreen more than when the 'before' pix were taken.

As a result, I was blotchier, more uneven than in the lower left 'before'...

I think this is part of what pushed me to try to clear it up. When I looked in the mirror I looked like I'd been playing with foundation that was shades too dark & sloppliy applied..lol!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Here are some more Befores

1.Top Left(w/flash) - during last pregnancy...you can see how dark my neck area is

2. Top Right(can't remember) - the neck again..head a bit darker than body there

3. Center Left(w/flash) - I was in the hospital after giving birth so forgive my look heinous but you can see the melasma + tan in full effect on my forehead esp)

4. Center Right(flash?) - wedding pic, i knew i was cute dark and lovely..lol

5. Bottom Left (w/flash)- one of my fall-winter fade outs, another nice mismatch..ha!

6. Bottom Right(w/flash) -That year I remembered to sun most of my decolletage too so not too bad?

a few Durings (Not-Quite-Afters) taken this week

left side pix are taken without flash, right side with flash

Photos taken during daytime indoors (around 1:00pm)

From now on, I'll take all photos in this room close to this time of day.

I'm currently working mainly on my arms and back of neck.
Wow what a dramatic difference, you are doing a wonderful job keep it up! How long did these results take?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keisha, I started using products and sunscreen religiously on Jul31(day my package of F&F stuff arrived) but it's easier to call it August 1st.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bogo, Thanks! My arms & hands are finally starting to peel & fade a bit. Hopefully by December-Jan. they'll be close to my body's color.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I'm pleased with the results so far. I do think it's a combination effect.

FWIW, I think the 3% HQ Othine is good too. My intuition is that all of the different products are working well together.

The spa had skin programs like this & At first I thought that they were lightening my wallet with all of the different items and having me go in for the peels. Now (after trying a similar routine with totally diff products) I realize that the aestheticians were right.

My only complaint this time was the tone(undertone maybe??) of my face being a little different & cooler-looking than my chest?

Since stopping the lighteners on my face (around Oct 14), it seems a bit warmer and matches the chest better. whew.

It's a subtle thing but noticeable.

I'd love for others to share photos!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
EggoMini, you look AMAZING already!!! What an incredible difference!! You are really pretty, too, by the way. If I have even half your success I'll be sooooooo happy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts