Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use coconut oil on their hair? If so how do you use it? PRe shower? Post shower?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi my friend @ work is uses it. She has thick curly hair she says it work great. I've never tried it. However, I plan on to in the future. I like extra virgin oil.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I use glycering on my hair sometimes and have used coconut oil. I have very thick hair and it is curly as well as my father has curly hair my mother has thick hair. Coconut oil is ok but not the best. It is messy and will also cause break-outs if you are not careful.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you should use it a couple of hours before showering and warm it up in the microwave before application.
Thanks. I put the tiniest bit (I thought it was incredibly tiny) on as kind of a leave in conditioner and my hair is so greasy this morning.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I also use coconut oil, it makes my hair all nice and shiny, also I noticed that its helped hair re-growth but that took while, because I wasn't strictly following the regime.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I also use coconut oil, it makes my hair all nice and shiny, also I noticed that its helped hair re-growth but that took while, because I wasn't strictly following the regime.
Hi Maha- hope the belly is growing-

Is the coconut oil hard to rinse out? Does it take a few washes? I hate the greasy hair look-

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi Maha- hope the belly is growing-

Is the coconut oil hard to rinse out? Does it take a few washes? I hate the greasy hair look-
I didn't find it hard to rinse out, one wash normally does me. I also hate the greasy hair look, but its worth it after you wash your hair out and everyone gives compliment on how shiny your hair look.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I got some today so I am going to try putting some in my hair.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got some today so I am going to try putting some in my hair.
I'm still getting it down putting it in my hair. For some reason I'm not getting it all shampooed out. Last night I shampooed twice and I have a little greasy spot. I guess this shows me how well I shampoo my hair normally. So be prepared. My hair does feel nice though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm still getting it down putting it in my hair. For some reason I'm not getting it all shampooed out. Last night I shampooed twice and I have a little greasy spot. I guess this shows me how well I shampoo my hair normally. So be prepared. My hair does feel nice though.
Do you use solidified coconut oil or the liquid form? Because I noticed when I used the solidified coconut oil, it left my hair greasy even after I washed my hair thoroughly, but when I used the other sort, my hair wasn't greasy even after I washed it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Coconut oil has a low melting point, so it's easy to take some that's hardened at room temp in your hands - it will quickly melt. It's also easy to overdo on this oil. Thicker, curly hair probably does better than thin curls like I have. Porous hair will soak it up like gravy...making it easy to add too much.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you use solidified coconut oil or the liquid form? Because I noticed when I used the solidified coconut oil, it left my hair greasy even after I washed my hair thoroughly, but when I used the other sort, my hair wasn't greasy even after I washed it.
The solidified. I didn't know it came liqufied?

·
Registered
108 Posts
It liquefies when the room temp is at a certain level. In the summer, my coconut oil is liquid in my house. In the winter, it tends to solidify.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Gymrat - did you get a liquid form? They sell it in a jar here, so I assume that it is liquid.
Yes, mine came in a jar. It looks like crisco in the jar, but then once you touch it the texture changes. It was really weird. Be careful using it if you do so in the shower!! Slippery!!! I put some on right after I showered while I was still damp-works great. I also put some in my hair. It isn't oily going on, but boy did it leave a slick to my shower. I had to clean it today, afraid the DH would slip and fall-

1 - 20 of 56 Posts