Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought some cold-pressed Jojoba and some Rosehip oil. I didn't mean to!
It was just what this particular site offered re oils - so as I wanted to try the oils themselves, I just went with it...

Anyway, what is the lowdown on the cold-pressed oil front? Will they be better for skin nourishing/moisturising? Or would a cheaper refined option have been just as good?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Semayden,
You got the right stuff!

What is Cold Pressed Oil?

Cold-pressed oil retains more of the nutrients than heat-expelled oil, so is more expensive, but in the end a better value. Your skin will love you for it!
And it isn't that much more expensive - think of how much you'd be spending at the department store for all that chemical-laden crap they sell for face cream!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
11 Posts
true! the same goes for EVOO that's been cold-pressed! since it retains a lot of the nutrients, your skin gets the best out of the oils. I mean, it works for cooking, so i guess it's also good for the skin right?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello there,

I consider cold-pressed oils to be: olive oil; grapeseed oil; sesame oil; walnut oil; sunflower oil and hazelnut oil.

Properties of these oils:-

Olive Oil - extra virgin oil contains the most Vitamin E and lecithin and is truly natural.
Grapeseed Oil - possesses regenerative and restructuring qualities and affords excellent skin moisturisation; it stops skin from drying out.
Sesame Oil - Soothing on the skin and a good choice for natural beauty recipes.
Walnut Oil - contains high levels of vitamin E and other skin nutrients. It is sometimes known by the French name 'huile de noix'. It is a useful alternative to hazelnut or almond oil.
Sunflower Oil - sunflower oil is best bought in an unrefined state from a healthfood shop because it will contain higher levels of nutrients, including vitamin E and calcium.
Hazelnut Oil - This has good penetration and is one of the best oils to use on the skin. It is beneficial when acne is present.
Jojoba Oil - this oil closely matches the skin's own oil' sebum and is especially good for oily skins.
Rose-Hip Oil - this oil is very expensive.and is an excellent oil for dry skin.

Hazelnut Oil and Jojoba Oil are suitable for oily skin. Rose-Hip Oil is more suited to dry complexions. It will help to rehydrate and claims are made that it can help improve scars.

In conclusion' I find grapeseed oil superb for cleansing and moisturising. I buy them at the supremarket very cheaply and am pleased with how my skin looks because I use them all.

Warm regards,

redrose

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yes is the old method used without adding heat and chemicals. They are as pure as you can get. Modern processing takes out the benefits that the herbs and oils are used for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts