Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have fairly oily/combination skin and I was just looking at some photos of myself and its just shocking!!! You can see the oiliness in the photos...it makes me cringe! Especially around my cheek area close to my nose. I don't think my foundation adds to the problem so I'm not really looking for answers on that. More so on tackling the problem itself. Is there any product I can use, anything I can do or eat to make my skin less oily?? Please help.....

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Have you tried the "blotting papers" and there is also a cream from the Home shopping Channel from the "skinn" line that is supposed to be really good for that too.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Look on the bright side of it, oily skin will not wrinkle as fast as dry skin. Have you tried translucide powder after you put foundation?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have oily skin as well and I understand what you mean by "shocking" as I can see oiliness in most of my photos too which I really hate! I have not been able to stop my facial oiliness but some of the products that helped reduce it is switching to an oil-free moisturiser, use powder instead of liquid foundation, don't over- wash you face as this strips your skin of its natural oil and leads it to producing more sebum leaving it oily.

HTH.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok so I have fairly oily/combination skin and I was just looking at some photos of myself and its just shocking!!! You can see the oiliness in the photos...it makes me cringe! Especially around my cheek area close to my nose. I don't think my foundation adds to the problem so I'm not really looking for answers on that. More so on tackling the problem itself. Is there any product I can use, anything I can do or eat to make my skin less oily?? Please help.....
I don't know how adventurous you are but I did a little reading and while there are tons of sites that try and sling products your way, this site offered home remedies to combat Oily Skin. If you're kind of a wild child like me I think these are some pretty cool solutions mate.

Cheers, Jenn

·
Registered
17 Posts
Forgot the link in the last post mate....it's attached below!

I don't know how adventurous you are but I did a little reading and while there are tons of sites that try and sling products your way, this site offered home remedies to combat Oily Skin. If you're kind of a wild child like me I think these are some pretty cool solutions mate.

http: //health.howstuffworks.com/home-remedies-for-oily-skin2.htm]HowStuffWorks "21 Home Remedies for Oily Skin"

beware there's a space between htp: and the rest of the URL. Stupid SCT won't let me post full URL's yet
Cheers, Jenn

·
Registered
23 Posts
Drimk a lot of water. I know its cliche but it will do wonders for your skin AND your hair AND your metabolism so its really a 3 in 1 (probably even more ..haha) Also I would reccommend a light powder (try clinique ) that reduces some of that shine...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now that I think about it when I used to be a freak for drinking water I had few to nearly no outbreaks and I must say my skin seemed more healthy looking.

Got to get back on track with this. Thanks for tip.

My skin is beyond oily and I can definitely relate to the shiny look in photos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts