Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use concealer and tinted moisturizer every day...is the concealer supposed to go under the tinted moisturizer, or on top? I tend to have more luck applying concealer last, but I'm not sure if I'm applying it right.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I have always put mine on first. I think you're meant to put it on first but if it works better for you after, i would keep doing that. There is a lot of make up techniques out there but not all of them work the same on one person as another. You just have to find what works for you best and stick with it, its silly not to.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Dunno if I'm doing it right but I use my foundation first then the concealer. Sometimes the foundation does a good enough job that I don't need much concealer after all!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
319 Posts
I used to alway do it first, for extra concealment, but recently ive been putting my foundation on first and realize i dont even need concelar! Its helped my skin because im not putting so much makeup on now! Definitly try it both ways and see which way works for you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Concealer is supposed to go on after foundation. I use it in this way and it stays put all day. Laura Mercier concaler is good as it is non-oily and does the job.

·
Registered
412 Posts
After foundation. You may use less this way. Also the application of the foundation whether with a sponge, brush or your fingers will probably remove whatever concealer you put on anyway. Always after!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I agree with SkncareDiva! Concealer should always be worn after foundation. I used to apply my concealer before but then I thought I will try the other way round: Foundation first and concealer after. Mind u, it works much better and u end up using less concealer this way!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I think some concealers are before foundation... like the green to cancel redness, the lavender to brighten, and the salmon for dark circles and the first coat to cover blemishes. A second coat may be required for the blemishes that didn't quite disappear after the foundation is applied.

·
Administrator
33,770 Posts
Ya and no wonder we have to use it!! Look at the clock-

·
Registered
6 Posts
concealers are supposed to be applied before foundation but I prefer applying foundation first as it gives more coverage

1 - 12 of 12 Posts