Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a good concealer preferably liquid or powder to hide my dark circles and acne scars. I am not very good at using cream concealers as they make my skin look cakey. Currently, I am using mac cream concealer and hate it coz it leaves my under eye area looking all cakey and ugly!!!

It is really a nightmare for me when wearing make-up!!

Would really appreciate your help on which brand to buy.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am avoiding cream concealers. They just don't work for me. Thanks anyway. I will keep trying different brands to find out the most suitable one for me.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Pumi -- I recently purchased Maybelline mineral concealer. I thought it was going to be powder but it's liquid. It is very light in texture, you might need 2 coats, but it's flawless on the areas you put it. the other benefit is that it's very inexpensive.

I used to use a product from Aloette called Look Alive -- it was expensive -- but a very good powder concealer. I stopped buying it when I saw that it was not being made in the US any longer but in China. They must be makins 95% profit on this product.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mari. I will check the Maybelline one you recommended. It is widely available here too

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a good concealer preferably liquid or powder to hide my dark circles and acne scars. I am not very good at using cream concealers as they make my skin look cakey. Currently, I am using mac cream concealer and hate it coz it leaves my under eye area looking all cakey and ugly!!!

It is really a nightmare for me when wearing make-up!!

Would really appreciate your help on which brand to buy.

Thanks.
Hi Pumi,

I have the same issues as you do. Cream concealers do not work for me. And I think cream concealers on my skin make the areas that I am trying to conceal, even more prominent. My skin is a bit oily, so for me, mineral makeup works best. I have tried several brands, some rather expensive, too. BUT I have found an inexpensive mineral concealer that works beautifully on my skin. It's Loreal Bare Naturale. It has a nicely concentrated pigment, so not a lot of the concealer is needed. I think that is what makes it so great for my skin. I can apply it lightly, but it still covers well. Plus, it comes with a small applicator brush. And that helps aid control over the areas that I want to conceal. I can apply it a little heavier in areas that I need, or brush it away from the areas I do not need so much.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your helpful reply, Luna. This product seems just right to me coz I have oily skin too. I will check it out definitely and see which one will work best for me.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bobbi Brown Corrector + Concealer comes in a compact with a yellow setting powder. It is the bomb!
I will have a look at this one too, Fawnie. Thanks for your recommendation. I have never used bobi brown products before but I heard they are good.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fawnie you know personally i prefer bobbi brown makeup to mac personally but hey i never really wear makeup so what do i know anyway!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would so love not to wear any make-up at all but what can I do? My skin looks so bad! It just wouldn't do going out with my ugly acne scars and pimples showing! SNIF!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Estee Lauder Double wear. Its in a tube with a wand applicator and not thick or cakey. Lots of colors to choose from. Its more of a thin liquid. I love it. I have a lot of acne scars and dark marks and this along with foundation and powder, does the trick. Also it has SPF.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Pumi personally i dont wear makeup cause i dont really like it on my skin all the time, however though if you have managed to control acne on your own then i would see your doctor agian about this personally may be he can advise you on some treatments to control it!

Also have you ever have a food intolerance test sometimes these can help as you could be allergic or intolerant to something you are eating!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have noticed that when I eat spicy foods and chocolates , I develop lots of spots on my face but I try to control my diet as much as I can. I do develop small pimples when I suffer from skin irritation from a product. What I want is: to focus on my acne scars and get rid of them permanently.

Maybe I exagerated a bit.. my skin is not that bad touchwood but the acne scars do make it look bad. They sort of reddish, purplish color and there are quite a few on my cheeks !!

·
Registered
16 Posts
pumi u shuld try JULA gel from fem its pure herbal . my doctor suggested my wen my chick got burned[was trying to learn cooking] and that burned scar went in week, and im using it from that day i dont have any single pimple on my face, some time i do get sm bumps if i eat so much oily food,

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pumi u shuld try JULA gel from fem its pure herbal . my doctor suggested my wen my chick got burned[was trying to learn cooking] and that burned scar went in week, and im using it from that day i dont have any single pimple on my face, some time i do get sm bumps if i eat so much oily food,
Thanks Ruky. do u know where i can buy this jula gel online?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi pumi I noticed the other day at walmart that maybeline? has one w/2 % salicylic acid.
really? I didn't know maybelline contained salicylic acid. This is meant to be good for oily skin.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts