Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
where shall I start ...I'm 31 and i like to take care of myself but I'm so confused by all these creams , lotions and serums you can buy....I need your advice ladies.
I'm currently using Retin A (0.05%) in the evenings, every night to get rid of my wrinkles...I have started with 0.025% gel which I have used for 3 months and then started to use the stronger Retin A - 0.05% cream. At the beginnig I have experienced purging phase and slight peeling of the skin around my mounth and chin but that's all, no major peeling and I haven't experienced any peeling at all with the 0.05% type either....I'm very confused about it and don't know if the Retin A is actually working for me. I'm using it for 4 months now with no results...at least I haven't noticed any change...my adult acne is gone but i think it's because I'm on Doxycycline at the moment.
I know it takes ages to see any visible results with Retin A so I try to be patient.
In the mornings I'm using Olay cream but I have purchased Aminogenesis Perfect reflections serum which I would like to start using as soon as it arrives. Well...that's my skin care at the moment. I try to keep it simple .
I have 2 semi deep forehead wrinkles I would like to get rid of. I was thinking about botox but i don't really want to spend crazy money on something that will last for 3 months and don't want to look like a wax figurine either. I have considered having a Juvederm wrinkles filler injected in my forehead , this treatment should last longer than botox . Well - anyway I would be grateful if you could ladies comment on my post- things I'm interested in to know are:
1. Retin A - will i see any results if I didn't really peel ?
2. What do you think about aminogenesis serum I have bought and would like to use ?
3. Did any of you try Juvederm in forehead ?
Sorry....i know it's a lot of questions for someone who has just joined but I hope I'm in safe hands now.
Take care all of you and thanks for reading.
Sim

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Hello, and welcome.

Yes even if you are not peeling with the RA you are definately benefiting from using it. Especially, if you are acne prone. Stick with it. Just remember to use a good sunscreen!!

I haven't ever used aminogenesis serum, so I can't comment on that, sorry. But give it a try and see if you like it. You could also try to incorporate using a Vitamin C serum instead of the aminogenesis. The Vit C would be alot cheaper.

As far as Juvederm, I have used it, but not on my forehead. I have used botox on my forhead and for the 11 between my eyes. I love the botox, actually just had it done again last week. It smooths the lines out nicely. The Juvederm I have used on a few lines around my mouth, and on my labial fold line (nose to mouth lines). I love it, and yes, you don't have to use it as often as the Botox. But really, I love both products and have no complaints from using them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

You need to use RETIN A for 6 months. It is not free of side-effects and causes dryness, redness and swelling of the skin. - which accounts for its anti-wrinkle effect.

Bo-Tox can last for about 10 months after you've had 2-3 sessions. Also, you could ask the doctor to give you a little less so as to avoid any wax-work effect,

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone tried FirmA Face XR from Serious Skin Care? Although there are millions of wrinkle products, none of them actually seems to work. This product has recently sold over 40,000 through HSN. I'd like to know if this really works as it claims.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you can get a prescription for it, many have found that tazorac is a great alternative to Retin-A, can work better for you (depending on your skin type of course) and its not as harsh on your skin. The active ingredient in tazorac is tazarotene and it can help your wrinkles improve in as little as two weeks.

Hope this helps =)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried FirmA Face XR from Serious Skin Care? Although there are millions of wrinkle products, none of them actually seems to work. This product has recently sold over 40,000 through HSN. I'd like to know if this really works as it claims.
Actually, I have tried FirmA Face XR. This sold over 100,000 on HSN when it debuted in September, but many had complaints that it was a gimmick. I strongly think that the results depend upon the proper use. You need to follow the directions TO THE LETTER, cleanse your face right before use, apply about a large gumball glob to your face evenly, leave on for 3 minutes. Your skin will tighten incredibly, almost freakishly! After 3 minutes, GENTLY splash off, BLOTTING your face dry. While this is on your skin, the least amount of contact by your fingertips is the best. After you have blotted dry, you can apply your serums, moisturizers, makeup, etc. as normal and about 2 -3 minutes into it, you will feel and see the tightening of your skin again.

It works for me, lasts all day. I would recommend it as long as you follow the directions to the letter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts