Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read on another forum that people found copper peptide to be great for acne scars and maybe even hyperpigmentation. its well known for anti ageing as well so i thought i would share this and see what you all think.

you can buy the active and make your own treatment at skinactives.com or you can go to skinbiology or Copper Peptide Serums - Anti-Aging Skin Care and get already made serums. they seem to be good stuff and great for acne.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would like to read the article if you can find it. i never knew there was a negative side effects. of course everything we do here may be a risk and the only thing that i heard of with cop pep was that too much cop pep causes a rise in the free levels in the body and can cause damage to the skin and maybe toxicity in the body as well. so the cure for that would to use a moderate amount.

thanks for giving me the heads of on copper peptide. i will see if i can find anything new too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I cant seem to find the article. But the main thing I remember is that some people complaining about how their skin actually felt looser after using copper. I dont know if its common though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Based on my experience, I prefer to have the natural way to treat my acne and acne scar removal. Because I tried everything possible over the counter or doctor recomanded and I had some side effected - marks on my body. Since I took the Pristine Skin Therapy bar, it helps me evenly my scar and my skin looks smooth and healthier then before, except that, it also vibrant My class mates saw me, ask me how come my skin looks so good, and they wants to use the same products to help them resolve their skin problems, ai toald them they can buy from pristineskincare.com basedon their skin type.I hope this information helpful.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A combination of skin needling with copper peptides skin care and AHA can yield a synergistic result for scars. An exerpt I found:

Quote: The use of Copper-Peptides after hydroxy acids, abrasion, and needling supplies the skin with nutritional copper. Studies on wound healing found that that tissue copper rises during the healing process. But if the level of tissue copper is too low, then healing is impaired and scars remain on the wound. So, by repeated application of a hydroxy acid, you can slowly dissolve away the skin blemish and use Copper-Peptides to aid the skin's functions. This process is repeated once daily or twice daily and an improvement should be noted in a month, but obtaining a cosmetically satisfying result may take several months. Going slow is better than trying to rush the process. Skin can only rebuild so fast. - ref. Cosmetics Sale

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's odd. I wonder how copper peptides would create sagging skin? Aren't they supposed to increase elasticity/healing/what not? I wouldn't know, though. I've never used them, but my mom thinks they're best thing ever. I always wondered if putting too many chelators in a formula with them would screw up their action on the skin, too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
you can buy the active and make your own treatment at skinactives.com or you can go to skinbiology or Copper Peptide Serums - Anti-Aging Skin Care and get already made serums. they seem to be good stuff and great for acne.
I haven't tried skinbio products, but I'd definitely advise against purchasing from skinactives...I purchased from them and was really disappointed. After doing some research that I probably should have done before my initial purchase, I learned that what they sell is way too weak to make any significant difference. I buy a copper peptide cream from salderma and I've seen good results. I exfoliate a lot before application and haven't noticed any sagging yet. Good luck!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
They can cause sagging or what some might call the "uglies" if its overused, used too much too fast. You have to slowly introduce it to your skin, gradually. If it causes sagging just stop using it completely right away for a little while and it'll your skin should go back to normal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts