Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used anything from these two lines?

If so, did you like the products?

What were your results?

Are you still using them?

TIA

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi FatimaBlush
I've used Cosmedix Rescue Balm and while it smells lovely, like cherry pie, it didn't really do much. Any oil would be just as good. Emu, jojoba, etc.

IS Clinical Youth Complex is not worth the $135 IMO. I use Retin-A so have no use for another retinol product. If you can't tolerate Retin-A or other retinol products, this might work, but there are cheaper versions out there.
HTH

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response.

I am so glad that i just saved some money...I am defintiely going to order some emu oil and when my benefits kick in i will get a script for retin a.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fatimablush
Here's a good place to order oils and they are pure and organic:
Mountain Rose Herbs Carrier and Vegetable Oils

This place has EMUlator oil which is just as nice as emu oil I think and is vegan (no birds killed!):
Skin Actives Scientific : EMUlator Oil

Not everyone likes retin-a, but retinol is another option. Weaker but sometimes better tolerated.

HEre is some info about anti-ageing that might be helpful:
Anti-Aging - Top 7 Things You Can Co to Prevent and Repair Aging

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone used anything from these two lines?

If so, did you like the products?

What were your results?

Are you still using them?

TIA
cosmedix is a good line... it's chiral and plant based- no parabens or sodium laurel or laureth sulfates! I personally use cosmedix and LOVE it! The rescue balm that was noted in a post above mine is really intended for post peel or post laser use- not an everyday product. If you have any other specific questions about the line, let me know!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
cosmedix is a good line... it's chiral and plant based- no parabens or sodium laurel or laureth sulfates! I personally use cosmedix and LOVE it! The rescue balm that was noted in a post above mine is really intended for post peel or post laser use- not an everyday product. If you have any other specific questions about the line, let me know!
Yes, post peel and post dermabrasion is exactly what I used it for and it didn't especially promote or facilitate healing any better than emu oil. Too highly fragranced as well. The smell of cherries gets a little nauseating after a while!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, post peel and post dermabrasion is exactly what I used it for and it didn't especially promote or facilitate healing any better than emu oil. Too highly fragranced as well. The smell of cherries gets a little nauseating after a while!
It's the cherry bark in it that you're smelling- and yes I agree.... in small doses it can be nice. I'm going to have to try the emu oil! The copper peptides in the rescue is really what is suppose to help with healing. I have to agree that I have found it to not really expedite the healing process... but it does help to 'conceal' flaking.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.

Have you ever used Clarity or Define.?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I used the IS Clinical Active Serum before. Its good but it too expensive and I would prefer a cheaper option.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks.

Have you ever used Clarity or Define.?
Yes, I've used the entire line. Clarity is a bit potent- I reccomend using it as a spot treatment. Or, mix it into a custom mask.

Define is the 2% vitamin-a in the line. Use a pea size of this every other night to start out. Your skin might start to look like a crazy town with impurities coming out the first 2 weeks after you start using it. But be patient & don't pick
. It's the road to pure skin. Once you've used define for about a month you can move on up to refine!

When using define reguarly, you will have prepped your skin enough for it to be a great receptor site for a peel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^thanks!

Even if you have a good skin care regimen, and your complexion is clear, will it still purge..and look like crazy town..?

This is the part that i am dreading?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fatima
Retinol products and Retin-A CAN make you purge, yes, even if you have seemingly flawless skin. It doesn't last long, as kanderson says, and it's the impurities coming to the surface...better that they do!

I purged on Green Cream and on Retin-A but it was worth it.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
20 Posts
^^^thanks!

Even if you have a good skin care regimen, and your complexion is clear, will it still purge..and look like crazy town..?

This is the part that i am dreading?
Most of the time your skin will purge out the impurities... even if you 'think' you have pretty clear skin. There's things lurking below that havent made it to the surface. The retinols get those skin cells turning over, therefore- you will most probably see some pesky pustules and open/closed comedones make their debut! As Fawnie mentioned- it is worth it, your skin will look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G in just a short while!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just bought the Cosmedix Clarity Supplment hoping it will help with oily skin and acne.. Has anyone else use this product?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I used IS Clinical awhile ago, and it was very costly, and I'm not certain whether or not the benefits outweighed the price---I was also experimenting with Kinara products, too. Some of these lotions and potions can be quite amazing and effective, but the price is also staggering,and I think we all need to shop around and compare ideas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts