Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried it.
Is it effective?

I spoke to someone who does it it Toronto. She said it is $80 per session for 7-10 weekly sessions, and then maintenance once a month. It is a little expensive, but i think it can be worthwhile, if it really works. Also it is completely natural.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have heard about it! I'm game and I'd love to try it. It makes sense - if you unblock the chi the skin should look rejuvenated. Have you tried it??

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. I am thinking about it.

The person I like to go to is 2 hour away from me. She specializes in it and teaches it. There are some people in my ares who do it too, but i am not sure if I trust them.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes I would rather go to someone I trust - since there are needles involved!

Sounds good though! Hmmm....I'm thinking of a career change....Cosmetic Acupuncture!! What are the pre-requisites for signing up for a course, do you know?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, I was thinking about that as a career too. You need to be a doctor of accupuncture fist, which takes a really long time. What do you do for a living now? I am a graphic designer.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well, sure that makes sense LOL! I guess you would need to know a *little* something about acupuncture in general! And not just jump into Cosmetic Acupuncture. I am a nurse. I was talking to someone about it a while ago and he said that most *serious* acupuncturists scoff at "Cosmetic Acupuncture". It could be a growing niche, though, you know the Baby Boomers will try anything to stay young!! I hope this really takes off! I would try it in a heartbeat! Thanks for posting this!!! Do you think you are interested in the Dr of Acupuncture thing? Sounds hard.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
So explain to me what this entails? I know what regular accupuncture is. What do they do for cosmetic? Little needles inserted where you have wrinkles, etc?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
it's a 3 years college degree in Canada, I used to work for an accupuncture and we still in touch, I told him about this treatment few years ago, and he doesn't beleive in this. they use a tens machine hook to needles, Suzan Sumers advertise one without needles (of course) Fawnie would know about this. I'm trying to find her site. but what I do I have a tens machin for $50 (you can google it you will have plenty of site who sell them) and I do a once a week routine, no extraordinary result, it puff the face, it stimulates muscles and all this without needles.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hmmm....now that sounds interesting...I have a TENS unit around here somewhere. I wouldn't know where to place the electrodes. Where do you place them Marie?

3 years isn't that long, really. But in USA you probably have to have a degree first, such as chiropractor or MD or OD. I will check into it. Doctor Fawnie, Cosmetic Acupuncture. One chair, no waiting! We do animals too!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Suzanne Somers advertises what with out needles? A cosmetic accupunture program? You know I am a Suzanne Somers fan, lol.
The
to bio identicals-

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fawnie, if you are a nurse, you know a lot about the human body already, so it would be a easier for you to learn accupuncture if you wanted to. I am not really going to go to college for 3 years to learn accupuncture, although I would if I had tons of cash and did not have to work.
Marypop, do you have the Facemaster by Susan Sommers?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
yes Gymrat that is the one, you can do the same with a tens unit. I don't use the pads I use where are the pads are hook to, of course if you are to spend money, I think Susan Sumores is more friendly users, handles... me I only have the extremities, a bit tiny, but I'm sure it does the same! at first I did it almost every day but now once a week, electricity dries the skin, I think it's more worth it thant the Baby Q.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Come on Fawnie we could do this!! Those needles are tiny!! I am now used to the basting size!!

I am going to have to look into this more. Especially if Suzanne Somers likes it-
just kidding

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Fawnie, if you are a nurse, you know a lot about the human body already, so it would be a easier for you to learn accupuncture if you wanted to. I am not really going to go to college for 3 years to learn accupuncture, although I would if I had tons of cash and did not have to work.
Marypop, do you have the Facemaster by Susan Sommers?
No I don't Nicole, but if my tens quit on me I will get Susan's Facemaster.
Fawnie I'm sure you will get credited for courses you already have. Have a look I'm sure you will find something.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts