Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or would that somehow destablize it? And can I use it on my face and neck area?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yes you can add more LA to your Amlactin, it wont make it unstable.
You can use Amlactin on your face and neck too but be careful with higher LA percentages on these areas, you dont want to irritate your skin.
I prefer LA peels on face and neck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi dazzle dame,

Glad I found this tread, I am a new member who happens to love Amlactin and would like to increase the LA; how much LA would you recommend starting off with?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am planning on buying 88% LA, would I just add a little say like a tablespoon of the LA to the Amlactin? I have searched for threads that gave info about adding LA to Amalactin and the amount but can't find any.

Thanks for responding so soon dazzle!!
!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The main thing about amlactin is not its percentage but the ph at which it is set to. Amlactin has a ph of 4.5-5.5 which is not going to do must exfoliating. Mostly moisturising. Light exfoliating over time yes. If you add in some high percentage lactic acid (lets say 88 or 90%) which has a low ph of usually around 0.6 this will boost the effectiveness of your new amlactin.

Try getting some cheap ph strips off ebay and do a test( type in ph strips narrow range and look for 0.5 to 5.0). Your going to want between 3 and 4 to get good exfoliating. The lower the ph the more FAV ( free acid value) is avaliable to work on the skin. So in reality Amlactin says its a 12% la lotion but in reality only 5% of this acid is even working. And 5% lactic acid is only known to increase moisture in the skin.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
HEY dazzle, I have 10ml of jergen lotion and 88% of LA, I want to make 15% LA lotion. How many teaspoon or tablespoon or ml can I add to the lotion? thx
For 10ml Jergens lotion you'll have to add 2ml LA thats of 88%concentration. Two ml is a little less than half teaspoon.
You are welcome

·
Registered
80 Posts
The main thing about amlactin is not its percentage but the ph at which it is set to. Amlactin has a ph of 4.5-5.5 which is not going to do must exfoliating. Mostly moisturising. Light exfoliating over time yes. If you add in some high percentage lactic acid (lets say 88 or 90%) which has a low ph of usually around 0.6 this will boost the effectiveness of your new amlactin.

Try getting some cheap ph strips off ebay and do a test( type in ph strips narrow range and look for 0.5 to 5.0). Your going to want between 3 and 4 to get good exfoliating. The lower the ph the more FAV ( free acid value) is avaliable to work on the skin. So in reality Amlactin says its a 12% la lotion but in reality only 5% of this acid is even working. And 5% lactic acid is only known to increase moisture in the skin.
Soo how much LA should I add to get it to exfoliate?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
im not really sure i would say maybe a teaspoon then try it one night. Then if thats okay maybe two. What percentage of LA are you adding in? its easier to just buy a base lotion and make la lotion from scratch if you actually have the LA

·
Registered
80 Posts
im not really sure i would say maybe a teaspoon then try it one night. Then if thats okay maybe two. What percentage of LA are you adding in? its easier to just buy a base lotion and make la lotion from scratch if you actually have the LA
40% because I'm a beginner, later I plan to use 88% after a month though.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
yes any regular store bought lotion is a base lotion. If wanting to make la lotion try not to get carbomer as an ingredient in the lotion. Aveeno is a good base lotion too

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Sheep LOOK Lactic Lotion...
this thread will guide you to some very useful information

1 - 20 of 52 Posts