Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the link, V. That was truly interesting. In the future, lightening everything from freckles & age spots to overall colour will be a snap. Since the potential market for such products is huge & growing, aggressive research is being condicted on many exciting new options. It is a matter of waiting for the results of in vivo clinical trials.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Truth be told, I actually like HQ! Every peer reviewed medical/dermatological source I've found refers to it as the 'gold standard' in lightening. The Merck medical dictionary even refers to the possibility of obtaining permanent results with it. The problem is that there are many social biases against cosmetic lightening just as a personal preference so 'boogie man' HQ stories get repeated. In fact, it is safer than most OTC cough syrups.

When more effective options are discovered (& tested & proven effective & safe) we'll be amongst the first laypeople to know about them, figure out how to access them economically & devise ways of using them ourselves
w/o having to pay some huckster a king's ransom

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah and I'm thinking that once these specific 'peptides' are actually solidly found to lighten skin minus the side effects and possible toxicity reaction they will develop the product and it will be astronomically priced. So it's probably going to be quite a while until it's affordable to the general public. In the meantime, I'm glad you have found something that works for you! I have annoying freckling (thanks, red-headed dad!) that I would love to go away!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts