Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Angel i have seen it on aromantics.co.uk good good. i like that site theres so much stuff on there!

·
Registered
19 Posts
you can get sample size cream or lotion on e-bay for not too much.. I got some just to see what the buzz was about. I have to say it didn't do too much for me to get all excited about and swear my loyalty to it..I've also went to the website and checked out the prices. Way too much money for what it really did. It is just another moisturizer.

·
Administrator
33,874 Posts
you can get sample size cream or lotion on e-bay for not too much.. I got some just to see what the buzz was about. I have to say it didn't do too much for me to get all excited about and swear my loyalty to it..I've also went to the website and checked out the prices. Way too much money for what it really did. It is just another moisturizer.
Yep, you can say that again. Just because it is priced high doesn't mean it does anymore good than the next cream. Don't let the price fool you on the quality/effectiveness of a product.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
last year i've tried two jars of 60ml and do nothing to my skin.bought on ebay but still a lost of money.next i've tried lifecell and also a lost of money.now i've already learned with the experiences and have a good routine with vit c serum,matrixyl 3000 and retrinal.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I tried Creme de la Mer moisturizer, eye cream & serum. Eye cream was good and ditto for serum...the moisturizer is very very rich. My problem with it is that it sits on my skin. If it worked I wouldn't mind paying the price for it...however, I don't want to spend good money on a mediocre product. I did however like Sisley's Hydra Global Intense Anti Aging Hydration...unfortunately it's very expensive as well. Jury is still out as I've only used it for a week or so (approx 10 days). So far I can honestly say I love it but want to give it more time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Creme de la Mer was created by Dr. Max Huber, an aerospace engineer. He suffered severe chemical burns on his face. He tried all kinds of medical and scientific remedies, but nothing helped. He experimented for twelve years and came up with his "miracle broth" It healed his skin.
Now the product is used by plastic surgeons and other doctors to help fade surgery scars.
There are many La Mer products. Most are derived from sea products, thats why the name is LA MER(the sea).
I am in my early sixties and have used the products for years. No sagging skin or wrinkles!!!!. My favorite product is the radiant facial. It costs $350.00, but there are ingredients for six full facials.
I highly recommend their products. They have worked for me.
The products are never advertised. The price may be a little expensive, but you only need a small amount.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The products are frequently advertised in women's magazines.
Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's good.
I'm glad it's worked for you, but there are many less expensive options available.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
553 Posts
If you like this cream, then there is the Skinactives one you can make yourself for $29.50 plus shipping. It's their Formulation Kit for Beginners.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have gone on E-Bay and gotten La Mer for cheap just to try. ( sample sizes) I personally found that it wasn't any more of a miracle than any other moisturizer. Smells good, it comes in lot of forms ( like a lotion, creme, serum, etc) But unless you want the name hangin in your makeup kit, not really worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
la mer shud be applied using the fingertips.u shud apply a small amount on ur fingertips warm it thn pat it everywhr, cos its 2 rich to slap it on..n u shud clean ur skin prop thn u wnt gt spotty...its meant for dry mature dehydrated skin...The Sea kelp they used, can only be found in Australia, in deep waters, dat cud b the reason y its so expensive...

·
Registered
620 Posts
I bought a sample of it on ebay (tiny sample costed $25) back when I used accutane (but didn't follow through - long story) because my skin and lips where so dry! It just felt thick and oily.. not impressed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FYI- It is highly likely that if you purchased La Mer (even the sample size) on ebay, that it was fake. There are scams on it where people might take Nivea creme (which is quite similar but without the fermented algae) and fill the jar, or just a knockoff all together. The best place to get it is the beauty counter. That is the ONLY place (aside from la mer or dept. stores online) that it is likely authentic. Ask the sales associate to make you a little sample to try out.

You apply it by taking only a tiny amount (pea-sized) and liquifying it in your hands, then patting it on your face.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
LOL whenever I have requested a sample at the CdlM counter, the SA has refused, saying that the jar has "special properties" that preserve the cream so she can't give out samples!! Wah?????? Even the jars are mysterious?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've tried and still have a bottle with me. Unable to finished as i find it is too oily for my skin expecially in tropical country (malaysia). If i use it too often, i will hv pimples pops up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i have used it for the last 5 years,still have a jar right now..but have been weaning off of it for the last while. it always made my face look more puffy,something i also noted of the La Mer lady at Holt Renfrew's skin {and nope dont like the look} . i narrowed it down to 'must be the mineral oil'. and use it now only if im dancing at shows..which i will go for up to 7 hours straight.it stays regardless of the sweat/excessive moisture.

one thing i noticed with La Mer is that it turns to liquid when i use it with the Vitamin C Serums i use from G.M. Collin. but never with another product. the moment they touch..it's liquid and soaks in.

as for sea mineral products..lov lov lov. i do a series of masks,once a week for 4-6 weeks from G.M. Collin called the Sea C Spa using the Vitamin C serums at home everyday as well. i do the series 3 times a year. expensive...yes.worth it,heck ya!! ive found it cheaper in some cities than others,depends on the spa.but i am 39 and most people think i am 25.by the
3rd treatment i glow..and it lasts for months. fine lines..gone.

myself,like everyone else here..am a self professed skin junkie.have been up & down the vast product mountain in the sky..& this is the one treatment i swear by and will promote til no end.

G.M. Collin

41 - 60 of 63 Posts