Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any thing short of surgery that will erase these lines.

I have been using Retin A and Skinceuticals for over a year now and it just seems like they won't go away. In fact I think I see a new one.

Am I just wasting hundreds of dollars on snake oil.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I beleive all those anti-aging chemical exfliators will dry your skin and dry skin ages faster. I'm still looking for a way to erase them!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hi Marie just wondering when you say chemical exfliators are you talking about retin a? I would just be interested to hear your thoughts a bit more on this on! As im only 30 myself and always hear some people rave about retin a and even though i do use a retinol product i am aware some people like it and others who dont like it at all!

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this one! Many thanks

Chunch have you tried massage and any crows feet excerise! I know there are some videos on you tube for crows feet massage and fawnie here on the site also has some links you could ask her for!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you using sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun? As that can be a contributing factor to crows feet and fine lines around the eyes. You can also try a dermal filler such as Restylane (which is FDA approved) for under your eyes.

Restylane is injected directly under the eyes to “fill†the excess skin with hyaluronic acid – a natural substance found in all living organisms that give your skin its fullness. Swelling and redness are common side effects of the treatment which should subside after youâ€2122ve recovered. An advantage with this treatment is that the recovery period is just two to three days. Additionally, it has minimal side effects.

The one disadvantage is the cost. At around $500 per injection, this procedure can become quite costly.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Chunch, good for you for using RA and C serum! that's a good start. In addition to all the excellent ideas above, what helps me to fight back and win the crows-feet war is this:

Viterol-A for Eyes and Mouth
DS Laboratories Viterol.A - Eyes and Corners of Mouth at DermStore

FlexEffect Facial exercise and massage.
Facial Exercise: If it's not FlexEffect It's not Facialbuilding.
You can strengthen the muscles and tone up the skin without surgery or injections all by yourself. It isn't an instant fix like that but it's something you do on your own, it's totally natural & not harmful and it works.

Hope this helps. It helps me.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I guess why I am getting up set is, I spend all this money on skin care and professional spa services, and the preventative measure is not helping, fine lines are starting to appear in other place around my eyes.

The only thing I have noticed since using skin care products is that my complexion is awesome. That is nice and all, but I want to get rid of the fine lines around my eyes. Any one use a great eye product?

Damn old age!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Just a thought for you but May be retin a just is not strong enough for your skin? Also have you thought about getting dermotologist or someone to look at your skin and may be give you there proffessional as far as what is what they might think is good for your skin!

You might also want to try the links that fawnie suggested too!

Hope you find something that works for you though!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hi Marie just wondering when you say chemical exfliators are you talking about retin a? I would just be interested to hear your thoughts a bit more on this on! As im only 30 myself and always hear some people rave about retin a and even though i do use a retinol product i am aware some people like it and others who dont like it at all!

It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this one! Many thanks
QUOTE]

IluvNy, I used Retin A about 10 years ago, I can't remember for how long exactly maybe 2 months? I said I will give a try only between the nose & upper lip to get rid of the "smoke lines" even if I don't smoke, see if it will work before putting it all over my face. It has discolored my skin. (I'm already so white) As I said in another thread, I look like if I had a mustach and at the end of the Summer I shaves it.

As for the lines, I did not see any difference at all and begining of 2007, I also used Glycolic Acid 30% exfoliator once a week for about 2 months, took a break for a month and did another 2 months (instructions says 3 months and then a month off) and this time I made sure to use it all over my face and neck, and only found out it dries my skin and I always say a dry skin will age faster. And ever since I use emu oil, vitame E & D & A cream and August 2007 I did the Quasar SQ (baby Q) for almost a year and a half and nothing is working for me!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am beggining to think it is all hooey!

What I do not understand is for weeks it looks like they are fading and I am so pleased and then out of nowhere they are back full force. My only though is I am not drinking enough water or enough sleep.

Yes, my complexion looks great and that is it. Fine lines are still there!

I guess the only thing is botox or surgery, and I won't do either.

So, I had better get use to getting older.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Chunch, don't get discourage, it seems it's only me that nothing works. I'm sure you will find something that will work for you! The most preventive for wrinkles is to wear sun block. Believe me for that one, I have been using it since the 70's and people were laughing at me, back then they put baby oil to get darker, and I was really white but now I'm the one who is laughing.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks for the info marie pop i also have the same problem, my skin is also very dry! I actually tried a little while ago to put emu oil on my face it really irrated my skin, then again so do chemical sun screens!

Marie you know i used to use a weak glyconic however though this was not strong enough for me, then again i dont think i used regularly enough only about once every two weeks!

Chunch have you thought about taking a break from retin a and may be trying to use something different, like AHA, or doing at home skin peels! Otherewise may be your skin is just quite strong and you need to move on to something like taz!

Also if you worried about waisting money on skin ceuticals why not make your own vit c serum!

Oh the hassles of anti aging, I must say though when fawnie spoke about the viterol a i was a bit worried about using due to the nano tech in this, but however the extra eye lines i got when first starting to use the GC this did clear it up almost straight away, now i just have a few faint lines either side of the eyes, im thinking that i need to find something really good to use during the day too!

So thanks for the tip on the Viterol A much appreciated, me eyes were looking well ugly, at least now i can begin to go out in public without wearing a mask he he

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks for the info marie pop i also have the same problem, my skin is also very dry! I actually tried a little while ago to put emu oil on my face it really irrated my skin, then again so do chemical sun screens!

Marie you know i used to use a weak glyconic however though this was not strong enough for me, then again i dont think i used regularly enough only about once every two weeks!
That is another concern of mine, sun screens without chemicals, my boy friend can't stand any, he buzz when he puts sun screens, I have find 2without chemicals, Burt's Bees and Mexitan, Burt's Bee too sticky & smelly and Mexitan will give me pimples if I put more than few days in a row, but strangely never have pimples on my face only on my arms.

If your skin is dry, and if you start using glycolic regularly, I will be afraid your skin gets more dry! AHA isn't Glycolic?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks Fawnie, I bought an ointment of zinc oxide, it says helps promote healing of minor skin irriations, diaper rash, small cuts. I bought this because wanted to do my own sunscreen. But now I can't find the recipe, and I did not really bother to find it because this ointment is so white. This sunscreen looks promissing, do you know where is that company? I saw that there is a store in Toronto. I will check for sure

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The last spf i bought was the aveeno mineral cream, but however this is a bit of a hassle to put onto my face it does take a while to sink into the skin but this does not irrate my face at all so i have carried on using it, the next spf im using is one off the cyrstal clear here in the Uk hopefully it will sink into my face better!

My boyfriend skin is even more sensative than my face though, its very difficult for him to most products on his face

When i spoke about AHA before i meant to say Alpha Hydroxy Acids!

I have not moved onto retin a just using the Green Cream at which is a retinol based product so far this is not drying out my skin, but thanks for the tip, i dont want the stress of my skin drying out any further, so far im managing to control the dryness a lot more by using things like hyaclouric acid serum and carrier oils, um obviously i lhave to think about things a bit!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Mariepop
Here is a zinc oxide only sunscreen that I have used that is very nice:

Welcome to Devita - Natural Skin Care - Products

It says body block but I used it all over my body. It is quite moisturizing but not greasy. Smells good, not perfumey - natural.

Since the zinc oxide is micronized, it doesn't look white once it is absorbed.
Fawnie, I called The Big Carrot - Searching for Natures Finest I find this store in Toronto with the stores locator on Devita site and the lady told me they will have it in about 2 weeks. She said she also have the one for face only. I told her to call me when she will get the body one. I will probably buy both. I'm a bit confused, the one you suggest, is it for the face and you use it for the body? I'm guessing we can put it where ever we want

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I buy the one for body.

It is the same formula as the face one, but (1) it is more economical - you get more for your money; (2) it comes in a more hygienic bottle as opposed to a jar that you have to dip your grubby little fingers into each time.

It is aloe and shea butter based but isn't so heavy. It doesn't smell like sunscreen, you know: the coconut-pina colada-beach bunny smell. I hope you like it. I do.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks Fawnie, I'm sure it will be much better than many I have put on! This store is the only store in Canada who carry Devita sunscreen, I did not ask if the have other product from Devita. Next time I will ask, just to let my Canadian friends know. Pretty lucky to find one!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts