Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I've never heard of this one. I'll go see what I can find out...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Memaselfni which particular product are you referring to, I noticed they have a line of several products. Here is a list of ingredients for the Daggett & Ramsdell Knee & Elbow Lightening Cream from Walgreens: Water - Aqua , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , Stearic Acid , Propylene Glycol , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Cetyl Acetate , Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Isopropyl Palmitate , Mineral Oil , Sorbic Acid , Dimethicone , Xanthan Gum , Sodium Bisulfite , Sodium Sulfite , Fragrance , Tocopheryl Acetate - Vitamin E Acetate , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Sodium Benzoate , Licorice Root Extract - Glycyrrhiza Glabra

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Judging by Eternal's list of ingredients, the 'active ingredient' (almost at the bottom of the list) will sit on top of your skin in the mineral oil soup.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Yes, it does. Putting some 'active ingredient' into a product doesn't mean it will necessarily be absorbed & available to the deeper levels of the skin where melanin is produced. Think of it this way: calcium builds bone. IF you take a supplement correctly or get it through dairy foods. IF you take all that calciom, crush it up on your bed & roll all over it, it won't do a thing for your bones at all. In a cream, IF the active ingredient is in a carrier substance that impedes absorption OR in too small a concentration to have an effect, then it is all but useless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried the Daggett and Ramsdell AGE SPOT SERUM?

I've been using it for some weeks... Some of the spots faded, but first became much darker. What results did others have?

I'd really appreciate a reply to [email protected] as we're probably on different time zones. ThanQ.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Has anyone tried the Daggett and Ramsdell AGE SPOT SERUM?

I've been using it for some weeks... Some of the spots faded, but first became much darker. What results did others have?

I'd really appreciate a reply to [email protected] as we're probably on different time zones. ThanQ.
Iv used this before, I dont think it necessarily lightened me but it did moisturize me very well when i was getting drying from other products, I think this is a good moisturizer to aid in lightening but def not a good lightener by itself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts