Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm new here, and have only posted a couple of times, with great success.
Now I need more help.
I am 52 years old, and have pretty good skin. I've stayed out of the sun most of my life, and also used an excellent sunscreen.
Now, I am noticing the small dark age spots that my grandmother had.....
I hate them. Anyone have any idea how I can get rid of them.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for your reply....but I'm new and I don't know what any of that even means. Could U explain what is involved please.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
yes no problem, a TCA peel is exactly that an acid that peels away layers of skin, it can be done by a derm for an insane amount of money or you can do it at home, many of us here do our own TCA peels... you can purchase this at makeupartistchoice.com. It may take you more than one peel to remove all the age spots, adn you need to wait 3 weeks minimal to do another peel.
Neostrata +4& HQ, is a gel that will fade or remove the discoloration, within a very short time, I noticed the difference within 3 days, and my discolouration was gone within a week.

Hope this helps you out!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Sounds to me like the NeoStrata might be better for me.
Where could someone find that?? I live in a small town,
in Canada.....Can it be bought on-line??
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
ha ha ha so do I!!! you can get it at Sears, or Shoppersdrugmart, or other beauty stores, even online...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank U so much. I have found it at London Drugs, so I'm on my way to get it. Thanks again....
This site is so wonderful and positive......
I love it!!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Dark spots can result from th liver not functioning properly.also from sugar and salt.th chinese call them 'salt burns'.if yu use proper sunscreen,avoid sugar and salt,yet they tend to accumulate,a liver cleanse would be beneficial

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks very much for your reply. I always use good sunscreen, and have very little salt or sugar in my diet. I'll look into the liver flush though.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes no problem, a TCA peel is exactly that an acid that peels away layers of skin, it can be done by a derm for an insane amount of money or you can do it at home, many of us here do our own TCA peels... you can purchase this at makeupartistchoice.com. It may take you more than one peel to remove all the age spots, adn you need to wait 3 weeks minimal to do another peel.
Neostrata +4& HQ, is a gel that will fade or remove the discoloration, within a very short time, I noticed the difference within 3 days, and my discolouration was gone within a week.

Hope this helps you out!
Hi I found Neostrata forte at 15% AHA. Have you tried this? I have light skin and dark spots on hand and face. Do you suggest this product or is a peel better? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts