Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can skin lightening creams be used to lighten dark underarms? I used to shave but I swtiched to wax. It has made the area a little lighter, but I would like to lighten it even more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try using a Vitamin E cream with Cocoa butter. I have used it for stretch marks and noticed that it made the skin really soft and lighter.

·
Registered
582 Posts
i notice that yea if i wax its lighter also if i dont use deoderants too. but i want to stay powdery fresh all day! so i'm thinking of switching to this salt rock i used a few yrs ago. bleaching cream works!

·
Registered
357 Posts
from my understanding, the skin can turn dark in any area that is constantly rubbing. Also, shaving the armpits will leave small hairs underneath the skin which can make the armpits look dark.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can try dove, afer shaving or waxing to not irritate your skin, and give it a smoother feeling!

I would try using a lightening cream. I mean ppl put tanning creams on their underarms.

·
Registered
102 Posts
can skin lightening creams be used to lighten dark underarms? I used to shave but I swtiched to wax. It has made the area a little lighter, but I would like to lighten it even more.
Waxing get's my vote 100%.
Also try this routine change: always wash your armpits evenings or at night to remove any traces of deoderant/antipersperants, wait until the morning to reapply these.
Why?....Skin "rejuvinates" overnight, this routine will give those areas a break and allow your skin to breath normally. Lightening will not occur immediately but the hyperpigmented areas will fade, the fade creams will work to hasten this process.

I'm a fair skinned sista with dark hair that grows dense in the pits and I'm highly prone to razor bumps too, so I swear by this routine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try calamansi soap or Kojic Acid soap. These soaps are excellent for underarm/armpit whitening, good for skin rejuvenation, dries pimples and removes spots and any kind of skin blemishes.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Waxing get's my vote 100%.
Also try this routine change: always wash your armpits evenings or at night to remove any traces of deoderant/antipersperants, wait until the morning to reapply these.
Why?....Skin "rejuvinates" overnight, this routine will give those areas a break and allow your skin to breath normally. Lightening will not occur immediately but the hyperpigmented areas will fade, the fade creams will work to hasten this process.

I'm a fair skinned sista with dark hair that grows dense in the pits and I'm highly prone to razor bumps too, so I swear by this routine.
Good points sista

·
Registered
1 Posts
You might want to look into doing laser to remove the hair from your underarms.It's the hair that is making the dark color....make sure you do patcth test first to evade hyperpigmentation!
ask for yag machines.
good luck,Amie

·
Registered
224 Posts
Amie is right. When you shave, you leave a little bit of hair near the surface of the skin which makes the area look darker. Best to wax and over time your underarms will get lighter on their own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
an alternative to waxing is sugaring. sugaring is a lot less painful, and it's pretty much the same consept as waxing. the reason it isn't as painful, is because instead of getting on your skin like wax does the sugaring doesn't, the sugar mix sticks to your hair. you can make this type of paste at home, it's 2 cups of sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup water. before you apply this though, you have to apply talc powder.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
XXmookie621xx Thanks for the sugaring recipe.

The deodorant I use seems to have lightened my armpits nicely. They have lightened along with the rest of my body. I use the Secret clinical strength one. You wash, dry & then apply it at night. It works really well; esp in the humid months. I got my armpits lasered (WOOHOO!) but before that, I used to wax.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mayfair underarm cream worked INCREDIBLY FAST for me:)

its the best lol but its waay too expensive for the small bottle. shipping is to blame becuz its a "foreign" product =/

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
LOL, I thought the tubes looked the same.

What does the baking soda for? Does it exfoliate?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by rcBeauty

Mayfair makes the pink nipple cream. The ingredients don't differ much either plus it's less expensive, cheap actually.

i didnt even notice that! ihave (had) both tubes and used up the under arm one.. but istill got the nipple cream. i tried using it on my lips but not only do end up eating/drinking after i apply it but it hasnt done anything
wtf.. im going to use up the rest on my pitts instead. just so it wont go to waste

1 - 20 of 31 Posts