Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I have them really bad too, probably because I am very fair skinned, and the only thing I have found to do is cover them. The best way I have found is you get a concealer and put it pretty thick on there, then foundation and when you put your powder on blot it, don't rub it or smear it. This is the only thing that has helped me.

Thanks,
Shawna
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm a active male in moderate good health nearing age 38. I've noticed that dark circles under my eyes have been getting worse over time. Probably stress, sleep habits, genetics and general aging play a part.

Last year I was at the dermatologist office getting my first check-up and asked if there was any help for it. They said that in the past there had not been much they could do, but that there was new skin cream that had shown promising results. They gave me a handful of Teamine samples and I used it twice a day until I ran out. I have to say that I was very impressed with it. Slight puffiness under my eyes was reduced, as was fine wrinkles, and most importantly, the dark circle diminshed noticeably.

The one thing keeping me from getting more is the cost. Can anyone recommend a place to purchace Teamine at the lowest available price?

· Registered
2 Posts
I have had dark circles around my eyes since birth also. I have very white skin so it really stands out. I went to a dermatologist to see if they could be lasered but, reality is that there is really nothing to laser out. It turns out my skin especially under my eyes is very thin (transparent). I also have less fat under the eye, hence more transparent. I am one of those that need to have puffiness under eyes. Nothing can be done but cover them. This leaves me with the problem as I age what concealer will do the job without gathering in any creases/wrinkles there. Good eye moisturisers do help but, there always there. Best to concentrate on your other features and play them up. Oh, by the way no amount of water or vitimans etc. will remove them. Been there and tried that. Be yourself and love yourself for you.

· Registered
15 Posts
Skin under the eyes is thinner than other areas of the face. As we age, the collagen loses it's ability to continue to restore itself causing the skin in this are to appear and possibly become even thinner allowing the fine blood veinous vessels to appear.

If the skin is dry, aged, damaged by sun or other chemicals, than this are can appear darker than other areas causing the "dark circles" under eyes.

I would agree with most of the answers already given before mine. The point about drinking lots of water, however, will help the entire body rather than do anything dramatic for dark circle under the eyes.

Their are two points to be made: 1) restore epidermis ability to make new or slow the loss of collagens ability to create skin cells. 2) do something to lighten the skin under the eyes.

The products out that are used to "lighten skin" are specifically designed to work on DARK spots and not designed to be used on larger surfaces as a panacea under the eyes and may cause damage. Instead you want to use products that are specifically created, tested, and safe for the under eyes area.

Diva Deva has such a product called I-Serum. I've been using it now for about 5 months. I'm 48 and very pleased with the results.

Spike

· Registered
3 Posts
Can skin lighteners be used to lighten dark circles around the eyes? mine are really bad and I have had them since birth. My mom also has em.
Dark circles below the eyes are vascular (engorged blood vessels/veins) in nature. That is why IPL (intense pulsed light) treatment work well here. I would not use a laser so close to your eyes. The risks are too great. Make sure you are treated by a physician and not a nurse who might not have experience with this delicate area. You should get very good results.

· Registered
80 Posts
DO NOT USE A SKIN LIGHTENER AROUND YOUR EYES!!! EVER!!! I am an esthetician and many people assume a cream created for use on the skin can safely be put anywhere on the body, not true!! Many skin lighteners have some form of a skin bleaching agent in them and you wouldn't put bleach in your eye. Skin is a very porous sponge-like substance and although you may think your putting something on a small spot like a pimple it actually travels pretty far, up to 4 inches depending on how much product you use. So PLEASE dont put skin lightener close to your eyes it will travel right into your eye and although it may not be painful it could cause long term damage that is most likely irreversible.

· Registered
3 Posts
I found something that works...

I am a scientist so naturally I have read scientific publications into the whats and hows of it.

Dark circles are a result of blood cells leaking from the capillaries and the reason this shows up under your eyes is because the skin is a lot thinner there.

The answer is to strengthen the vessels...there are a a number of supplements which are able to help with this and not only will they reduce dark circles but also help throughout your body. They are:

- Vitamin C
(Vitamin C is the required coenzyme for 2 groups of enzymes that catalyze the cross-linking of collagen fibers as well as being an antioxidant)

- Butcher's Broom (Ruscogenin & neuroscogenin are two specific steroidal components responsible for butcher’s broom ability to constrict blood vessels)

- Horse Chestnut (widely recommended to promote
the strength and integrity of the veins and capillaries)

- Gotu Kola (helps strengthen the microvasculature)

- Hesperidin (increases capillary resistance & decreases capillary permeability)

These supplements have also been shown to reduce cellulite and are used to promote vascular heath of legs.

I have found that taking them before you go to bed with give you a noticeable reduction in dark circles when you wake up! I actually smile when I look in the mirror in the mornings now!

I also found a really cheap site to get them:

iherb.com

and they give you a $5 discount on your 1st order with the code:

WOX002

(no minimum spend either!)

· Registered
4 Posts
The award winning EYE CREAM that has many of the ingredients below plus may asian plant extracts and a super SPOT decativated complex that instantly brightens and it is AMAZING IS!!!!

Shiseido ( WHITE LUCENT EYE BRIGHTENING TREATMENT) IT won the CEW AWARD. ( Cosmetic Executive AWARDs.. Kinda like a grammy or emmy award... But for the beauty industry!!!

Brightening Eye Treatment - No bleaching agents at all and very safe.. Thats why it is the #1 eye brighter as to awards and by major beauty editors. The company Shiseido does not need to use bleach they own major technology that have years of studying ingredients and skin biology behind them.

15ml

moisturizing anti-dark circle eye treatment that addresses both discoloration and poor circulation—two major causes of dark circles. This amazing ey cream has been used by me personally when ever Im a little dull, dark and dehydrated!!!!Brings a brighter, more vibrant appearance to my eyes .

OH PS it doesnot lighten a marshmellow.. It wont lighten what is not normal skin color but it will target UVA, UVB and also oxidation which is like how apples turn color and it helps majorly on microcirculation ad it has instant brightening finely micelized powders that are in the crem to instant brightne. OH wear CLE DE PEAU BEAUTE the #1 concealer 8 years in the row in Instyle MAG for best concealer...

AND Massage always helps and rest too..

Thank YOU,

MI- LUXE BEAUTE

· Registered
1 Posts
Here is the home remedy for your dark circles:
just apply mixture of lemon and tomato juice on dark circle twice a day.
That makes sense, because of the vitamin c in both products -- you are actually treating the problem. the problem is thin skin in the area, allowing the blood vessles underneath to show through.. no amount of makeup or lightenewr is going to cover that up.. you need to use a daily regimine of vitamin c or a - or both to actually thicken the skin in the area as much as possable -- the only other remidy, unfortunately mght be at your dermatologist getting injections of restilin - the same materials they plump lips with .. and that may be worth it for someone who has suffered with this problem their whole life.

Deni113

· Registered
96 Posts
Wow!!
I have been using ret a and hq, NOT GIVING 4" around eyes. Kinda scary they do tear soon after application, I bought my hq from clear essence. It cleary states for use to reduce dark circles around eyes, now i'm confused. I need to keep hq and ret a at least 4" from eyes??

· Registered
285 Posts
Can skin lighteners be used to lighten dark circles around the eyes? mine are really bad and I have had them since birth. My mom also has em.
Trisha: I have both dark circles and baggy eyes; I inherited the bags from my Dad (he had blepharoplasty in his 80's, with good results) and my Mother had the dark circles. I'm not ready for surgery just yet. I found that if I severely restrict salt intake my bags are less pronounced. And for makeup, the only thing that works for me is mineral foundation (I use Bare Minerals) because it does not look cakey under the eyes. It's not a permanent solution but it helps minimize the problem.

· Registered
192 Posts
i am using MUAC's skin bleaching gel and appears it has improved my dark circles. i noticed the difference after 2 uses but now it two weeks. not 100% gone but quite lightened.

Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Glycolic Acid Ultrapure tm pH 4.0, Glycerine, Alpha Arbutin, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Macadamia Glycerides, Ammonium Hydroxide (buffering agent), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone, Retinyl Pamitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Sodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica.

· Banned
34,428 Posts
An article in Jan 2010 Allure states there is a cream in Europe and Russia called Bioskinup Contour that is the new bomb for undereye circles, puffiness and fine wrinkles. The company that makes the product is Chemyunion Quimica. It contains flavonoids and saponins, Brazilian herbs, marapuama and white lily and helped 90-76% of users.

Anyone tried it?

· Registered
1 Posts
Dark circles under the eye are an accumulation of haemoglobin and its coloured degradation products in the dermis and epidermis.The causes range from stress, lack of sleep,allergies,age, hormones sun damage etc. SKINMEDICA has a fantastic treatment called TNS ILLUMINATING EYE CREAM...It has an active ingredient that will remove the dark circle by acting on the enzyme that breaks down the Bilirubin...the results ar phenomenal...Try It!!!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.