Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
FYI...check the dates on the posts, some of these are old and some are reallllllly old!!! It's best to start a new question sometimes.
Yes, the original post was old, but we are here now and while I can "pin" the knowledgeable Fawnie down, I'm going to take advantage of her expertise, LOL! Thanks for pointing this out, but I already seen that it was old. Too bad dark eye circles aren't! No need to start yet another post on dark eye circles when one is already floating around.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
So, any positive results with the Hylexin? Did the Vanilyx just not work for you? Sorry for all of the questions, but I have dark eye circles and am trying to determine which under eye cream to use for this. I am leaning toward Bright-I from Skin Actives, any thoughts?
I use Bright I sophie-I like it. I don't know if it helps with dark circles, I don't usually have dark circles, unless Fawnie keeps me up late on here-

Really though, I like the Bright I, it is a light eye cream, so if you are looking for a heavier eye cream this isn't the one. It is really light, but I do like it alot.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I use Bright I sophie-I like it. I don't know if it helps with dark circles, I don't usually have dark circles, unless Fawnie keeps me up late on here-

Really though, I like the Bright I, it is a light eye cream, so if you are looking for a heavier texture this isn't the one. It is really light, but I do like it alot.
Actually Gymrat, a light texture is what I am looking for. If you don't have dark eye circles, are you using it for the anti-puffing properties or ant-wrinkle?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
VANILYX ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Sorbital, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilcone-11, Proprietary Holoxylin Complex Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Seed) Extract, Hesperidine Methyl Chalcone, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Silica, Stearic Acid, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Dipeptide-2, Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Aloe Barbadenise Leaf Juice (Aloe Extract), cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horse Tail) Extract, Green Tea Extract, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Isobutylparaben.

BRIGHT I ingredients
Water, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Seed Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Caffiene, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Natural Active Peptides, Grape Seed Pronathocyanidins, Sodium Hyaluronate, Chrysin, Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF), Pomegranate (Punica granatum) Seed Oil (and) Astaxanthin (and) Lycopene (and) alpha-D-Tocopherol (and) Tocotrienols (and) Lutein (and) Alpha Lipoic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate (and) Cholesteryl Nonanoate (and) Cholesteryl Chloride and BHT, Glutathione, Pal-GQPR (Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide), Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Nethylparaben, Propylparaben.

HYLEXINingredients
0.78 oz: Water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Dipeptide-2, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Hydroxysuccinimide, Hesperidine Methyl Chalcone, Steareth-20, Polysilicone 11, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Look for actives like Chrysin and Hesperidine which act on the blood vessels and are anti-inflammatory.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Actually Gymrat, a light texture is what I am looking for. If you don't have dark eye circles, are you using it for the anti-puffing properties or ant-wrinkle?
I use it just to say I do-

Just kidding, I use it for the anti aging benefits and because it does just this-
"This eye cream has everything that could help the delicate skin of around the eyes".

It also is one of the only eye creams I have found that you can put on your eyelids, which I do. It doesn't have Vit K in it, but you could definately add it to it if you would like too. Vit K helps with dark circles.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are you talking about the Hylexin Tigerlilly?

No, sorry. I'm talking about the Easy Eye Solutions stuff...I don't use it often and my skin is combination tending towards oily in the summer (I live in a hot and humid environment durin' da summatimes). Also, I don't really have bags under my eyes unless I'm sick, sleep deprived or congested. That said, I really am impressed with the Easy Eye Solutions products because one (the eye tuck) really tightens the under eye area and the other one really does soothe your eyes and has an uber-fine reflective quality that makes a HUGE difference with dark circles. I suffer with bouts of anemia and when it gets going, it doesn't matter how much make up I put on, I look like the walking dead. Well, one time I did catch it in time not to look totally like a corpse, but I was looking 'pre-dead' for sure. I used this stuff and a little extra mineral make up, I couldn't believe the difference. I went to work and no one even said anything like "Are you Ok?" or "You look tired" or worse, "Are you sick?" All of which have been said to me before. (And yes, I know I should be taking iron daily, I just don't like to do it)...
Anywho, I really moisturize my under eye area at night so with my type of skin, I don't find these products drying at all for occasional use, but I can see how they would be for some people. I love the stuff...

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, any positive results with the Hylexin? Did the Vanilyx just not work for you? Sorry for all of the questions, but I have dark eye circles and am trying to determine which under eye cream to use for this. I am leaning toward Bright-I from Skin Actives, any thoughts?
just a question, I've been looking at the Skin Actives website also, and I was wondering if the products are legit, like have you ordered from the site before?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
just a question, I've been looking at the Skin Actives website also, and I was wondering if the products are legit, like have you ordered from the site before?
Oh, absolutely legit, they just don't spend a lot of money on the advertising hype! This site is one of the best for ordering the diy skin products as well as some nice ready made formulas for anti aging, acne, etc.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts